Rochester, NY, March 9, 2023 — The New York State Office of Mental Health recently announced its plans to partner with Coordinated Care Services, Inc. (CCSI) to expand the Trauma-Informed Network and Resource Center (TINRC). This statewide network was established in 2016 to: advance our collective understanding of trauma and the significant ways in which it impacts the health and well-being of all New Yorkers; spread the use of trauma-informed principles; and increase the availability of trauma-informed services throughout the state. NYS OMH will be providing $9.5M in funding over the next 5 years to drive the continued expansion of this important resource.
In announcing the expanded Trauma-informed Network and Resource Center (TINRC), NYS OMH Commissioner Dr. Ann Sullivan reflected, “recognition of the value of such a trauma-informed approach has increased as organizations have responded to the stress of the COVID-19 pandemic, racism, and violence in our communities. This expansion will incorporate recommendations to address the traumatic impact of COVID-19 on frontline workers and, additionally, establishes a foundation to support OMH in responding to future crises and traumatic events in a timely, efficient, and thorough manner.”
“The need has never been greater to support the expansion of equity-focused, trauma-responsive practice,” adds Dr. Elizabeth Meeker, who will be leading the Trauma-Informed Network and Resource Center at CCSI. “This investment by the state acknowledges the toll that Adverse Childhood Experiences, toxic stress, violence, and the trauma arising from systemic and structural racism have on individuals and communities. This expansion of the Network will enhance our collective ability to transform organizations and systems to support the health and well-being of all New Yorkers.”
The TINRC will:
- Facilitate networking and collaboration through quarterly meetings and educational symposiums;
- Update the website for easy access to a range of resources, including a directory of trauma-informed providers and services throughout the state;
- Support organizations working to becoming trauma-informed through online access to an organizational self-assessment tool and technical assistance;
- Expand trauma-informed training capacity across the state through the development diverse, cross-sector trainers;
- Develop and share a toolkit to provide employers with the training and resources needed to create work environments that are trauma informed and support wellness;
- Provide frontline workers with easy access to resources to help reduce the impact of primary and secondary traumatic stress; and
- Build the resources and educational materials needed to respond in real-time to emerging traumatic events.
Other collaborators include NYU’s McSilver Institute for Poverty, Policy and Research, Breath Body Mind, Prevent Child Abuse New York, and TGW Studio.
To learn more about TINRC, find trauma-responsive resources and tools, and connect with other organizations, visit https://www.traumainformedny.org/.
About Coordinated Care Services, Inc. (CCSI)
CCSI is a nonprofit management services organization with 30 years of experience dedicated to inspiring innovation in practice by providing essential business services in partnership with organizations that improve lives and strengthen communities. We work with local and state government, behavioral health care providers, provider networks, community-based organizations, criminal/juvenile justice entities, school/school districts, and other not for profits in the Rochester area and across upstate New York. Learn more about CCSI at ccsi.org.
To learn more about the Trauma-informed Network and Resource Center (TINRC), contact Dr. Elizabeth Meeker
Elizabeth Meeker, PsyD
As the Co-Director for CCSI’s Center of Excellence for Equity-Focused Trauma-Responsive Practice, Elizabeth Meeker, PsyD, leads a team of talented professionals who provide training, coaching, consultation and practical tools to make equity-focused, trauma-responsive practices a living, breathing part of systems, organizations and daily work. She is a seasoned consultant working with a broad range of […]