Organization: East House Corporation
Posting Start: 2022-07-26
Location: Rochester, NY
Job Title: Accounting & Finance Manager
Posting End: 2022-12-31
A Brief Job Description:
Hours: 35 hours per week, On-site & Remote Work
- Maintains general ledger, audits and posts proposed entries.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of the organization’s operating budget, including forecasting future income and expenses.
- Oversees year-end close and acts as primary contact for completing the annual financial audit, including preparing various schedules as needed (oversight and support provided by Director of Finance).
- Leads the effort to document accounting policies and procedures, flow charts, standard operating procedures; and recommends process improvements.
- Liaises with the Development Operations team to ensure accurate data flow between the donor database and accounting functions.
- Produces various financial and accounting reports, including but not limited to department and organization budget to actuals, financial statements, and grant reporting.
- Monitors accounts receivable and reviews and reconciles accounts as necessary and assists in budget preparation, implementation, and control.
- Performs statistical analysis of cash flow and budgets.
- Maintains communication with internal and external clients regarding financial matters
- Reviews proposed contracts for adherence to rules and regulations.
- Assists in the preparation of complex financial reports as mandated by funders.
Critical Success Factors:
- Ability to maintain professional practices, including confidentiality of financial, client and personnel information.
- Ability to establish relationships with and influence complex networks of others whose cooperation is needed for success of programs and actions, and over whom they have no formal authority.
- Ability to operationalize organizational decisions and values in a credible way by conducting interactions with peers and senior management in a politically astute manner.
- Ability to establish specific, concrete and clear performance goals and achieve appropriate timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with culturally diverse clients, general public and other staff.
For over 50 years, East House has been moving lives forward by empowering individuals with persistent mental illness and substance use disorders to recover and to live healthy, fulfilling lives in their community. Our family of dedicated East House employees takes pride in accompanying our clients through every obstacle and success on their journey towards recovery and independence.
Minimum Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related degree and 5-7 years’ of experience in nonprofit accounting. Experience with net deficit funding, OMH and OASAS a plus.
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures in non-profit and/or governmental agencies.
· Proficiency in standard software applications related to financial applications.
· Strong understanding of the principles and techniques of budget preparation, administration, statistical methods, and related record keeping.
· Demonstrated competence in use of personal computers, including strong data entry skills.
· Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills as evidenced by the ability to perform all of the basic functions as well as the ability to use workbooks, link data, create and edit charts, change page orientation, add headers and footers, filter and sort lists, format data, insert rows, enter and sort data and produce graphs and charts.
· Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects and paperwork, work with a computer and communicating with others both verbally and in written format.
· Visual requirements to the level of being able to read documents and a computer screen.
· Ability to read and interpret policies, procedures and various other information.
· Traditional office environment
Wages are determined based on job-related education and experience.
The East House benefits package includes a choice of two affordable HMO medical plans, generous paid time off, a choice of two vision plans, a dental plan, a 401(k) plan with company match and annual safe harbor contribution, short term and long term disability insurance, company paid and optional employee life insurance, ample PTO, flexible spending accounts, financial assistance for employee education and training and more.
East House Corporation is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. East House Corporation will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.