Organization: Rochester Regional Health
Posting Start: 07/15/2021
Location: Rochester NY
Job Title: Addiction Therapist
Posting End: 09/01/2021
A Brief Job Description:
As an Addiction Therapist, your close attention to detail and empathetic care greatly enhances patients’ ability to overcome chemical dependency and significantly improve their lives.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Greece Chemical Dependency
DEPARTMENT: Behavioral Health – Outpatient
- Completion of a clinical internship in chemical dependency or at least one (1) year of work experience in chemical dependency
- Compassionate, understanding and thoughtful
- Extremely organized with an attention to detail
- Assessment. Provide initial and ongoing assessment for clients in order to determine diagnosis and appropriate level of care
- Counseling. Provide individual, family and group counseling, which engages and motivates clients throughout treatment
- Planning. Develop treatment plans that are individualized and culturally sensitive
- Education & Communication. Communicate with other care providers and referral sources to increase understanding of client problems and assets; participate in professional supervision and education that supports continuous improvement of client care
Minimum of an Associate’s degree required or Bachelor’s degree preferred in Health Science, Psychology, Social Work or the alike in a Human Service field of study for all employees hired into the position on or after April 1, 2016.
Completion of a clinical internship in chemical dependency or at least 1 year of work experience in chemical dependency.
For Evaluator Team Only:
Valid New York State Driver’s License.
Approved driving record (no major or capital violations within last 5 years).
Completion of mandatory driver education upon employment.
Participation in NYS LENS program.
Required Licensure / Certification Skills:
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
Recruiter, Talent Acquisition
Rochester Regional Health