Organization: Hope Initiatives
Posting Start: 2022-06-28
Job Title: Case Manager
Posting End: 2022-08-31
A Brief Job Description:
Case Manager 37.5 hours/Week
Hope Initiatives is seeking a qualified professional with experience providing case management services to individuals in need of stabilization support such as housing, transportation, and obtaining identification. The Case Manager will serve as a focal point for clients throughout their participation in the HOPE Works program.
Hope Initiatives CDC, Inc. is a faith-based non-profit Social Enterprise dedicated to restoring lives damaged by incarceration, substance use and poverty through employment, work preparation training, affordable housing, encouragement, spiritual guidance, and hope.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide case management and coordination services to program participants in the Hope Works program.
- Establish and maintain rapport with participants to support them from stabilization up through and including job retention phases of their work readiness preparation.
- Maintain working relationships with community agencies such as Rochesterworks, Monroe County DHS, Sheriff’s Office, and Office of Probation.
- Conduct initial program intake and assessments for each participant.
- Communicate often with other local agencies in effort to expand resource catalogue
- Make regular visits to the Monroe County Jail to speak to potential program participants as well as complete intake paperwork to begin stabilization services
- Transport participants as needed to important meetings, interviews, appointments, etc.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with local service providers and link program participants to appropriate services and activities including housing, legal assistance, substance use programs, mental health and any other appropriate service needs identified by participant.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date electronic records, paper files, and attendance.
- Have understanding and sensitivity to cultural differences and trauma informed care.
- Assist with the facilitation of enrichment workshops
- Perform other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Associates degree (bachelors preferred) in human services, psychology, or related field.
- Must have compassion for participants with challenging backgrounds and those recently released from incarceration.
- Prior group facilitation skills a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must obtain Monroe County Jail clearance
- Able to resolve conflicts and problem solve effectively with program participants
- Ability to think quickly, communicate effectively and enjoy being a part of team
- Excellent safety record within fields of experience
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should provide a resume outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to Shlon James at email@example.com. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check and drug testing.