Posting Start: 2022-08-01
Job Title: Chief Program Officer
Posting End: 2022-08-19
A Brief Job Description:
TITLE: CHIEF PROGRAM OFFICER
DEPARTMENT: PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
FUNCTION: Effectively leads the operations of all agency programs and services. Works closely with the President/CEO; Chief Finance Officer; Vice President, Organizational and Workforce Development; and Vice President, Philanthropy to assure programs have the needed resources to achieve programmatic and financial outcomes. Leads efforts in program development and continuous improvement initiatives. Leads the development of program budgets and ensures financial viability.
Oversight and Supervision
- Provides leadership and oversight for all programs and services, including clinical and facilities, to deliver on desired outcomes.
- Supervises program and service directors.
- Reviews and approves all personnel actions, including new hire and other personnel actions.
- Ensures all service outcomes are achieved.
- Leads the development and implementation of a framework for continuous improvement.
- Facilitates cross functional/program approaches to problem resolution and continuous improvement
- Leads program policy development and implementation initiatives.
- Ensures agency policy and regulatory compliance.
- Partners with the President/CEO on all operational and strategic issues, and provides strategic recommendations and analysis. Teams with members of the Leadership Team and Directors as needed.
- Provides high quality and timely analytical support for projects, strategic initiatives, business development proposals and other opportunities.
- Analyzes and reports on-going key metrics.
- Participates on community and other external committees/workgroups to identify needs and potential business opportunities.
- Consults with the Leadership Team on issues pertaining to financial operations, funder inquiries and crisis management.
- Abides by Code of Conduct, which incorporates the corporate compliance section.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in human services related field, and at least five years of related leadership and administrative experience preferred, or Bachelor’s Degree in human services field and at least seven years of related leadership and administrative experience required.
- Five years’ experience overseeing multi-million-dollar budgets.
- Working knowledge of OPWDD, DOH, OMIG, and the Department of Education.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional cooperation; and build strong working relationships to gain cooperation, to reach consensus, and to drive decision-making and action.
- Leverage strong analytical skills and experience to interpret vision into an operational model.
- Knowledgeable and invested in the values and practices of cultural competence, diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and in the community.
- Knowledge of disability benefits and services, Medicaid, key disability related legislation (i.e. The Americans with Disabilities Act), and efforts on the federal, state and local levels.
- Knowledge and understanding of disability from a cross-disability and intersectionality perspective.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate with key stakeholders regarding programmatic related issues.
- Excellent organizational and paperwork management skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and to travel.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with diverse stakeholders and program funders.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of and ability to leverage social media platforms.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Onsite and remote office environment.
- Onsite presence at least three days a week.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Starbridge is committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.