Organization: Helio Health
Posting Start: 2022-06-07
Location: Rochester, NY
Job Title: Counselor II
Posting End: 2022-12-31
A Brief Job Description:
- Maintain a case load and perform essential counseling responsibilities including screening, intake and orientation, evaluation and intervention, treatment planning, referrals, crisis intervention, counseling, patient education, case management, reporting and record keeping.
- Assist with the training of staff, volunteers and student interns as assigned.
- Exhibit exemplary knowledge of the biopsychosocial process of substance use disorders/recovery, behavioral health, self-help group process and principles of counseling when communicating with patients as well as staff.
- Relate effectively with staff, patients and professional community
- Qualified Health Professional (CASAC, LMSW, LCSW, LMHC or equivalent licensure or permit eligible).
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Two years employment experience in the human services field.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be substituted for the educational requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with basic computer applications.
- Bilingual preferred.
Our Comprehensive Employee Benefits Package Includes:
- Health insurance including dental and vision for employees and families.
- Paid Vacation and Sick leave - No Waiting Period for accruals.
- Paid holidays, including a floating birthday holiday.
- 401(k) plan with up to 5% company match.
- Company paid short-term disability insurance.
- Company sponsored life insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Helio Health provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), parental status, religion, national origin, citizenship, status as a victim of domestic violence, age, military or veteran status, handicap or disability, family medical history or predisposing genetic characteristics or carrier status, marital status, family status, political affiliation, felony conviction record, status as a victim of a crime, or status as an employee who has complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit, or any other categories, status or activity protected by federal, state or local law.