Organization: Villa of Hope
Posting Start: 2022-03-15
Job Title: Development Manager
Posting End: 2023-03-01
A Brief Job Description:
JK Executive Strategies has partnered with the Villa of Hope in search for a Development Manager to join the team! This is an excellent opportunity to join an organization that has been helping youth and their families in our region for over 75 years. This organization is full of dedicated team members who work tirelessly in making a positive impact in our community time and time again. Are you somebody who is driven by bettering the lives of others? Would you like to make an impact in a well-run nonprofit in the greater Rochester area? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Under the general direction of the Major Gifts Officer and working closely with the Agency Advancement Team, the Development Manager will be a keystone member of the team, with a concentration in successfully assisting fundraising events, marketing, and donor stewardship initiatives. This position will also be responsible for effective and efficient use of resources and the donor management system to measure and achieve development goals. It is important to be able to think both strategically about the larger efforts of the department, along with performing highly detailed and creative work daily.
The Manager will adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented workplace. This position is a pivotal part of the organization’s overall strategy and will work closely with the Agency Advancement Team and President/CEO in planning and prioritizing.
- In conjunction with the Major Gifts Officer, work with Agency Advancement Team on planning and management of events, gift solicitations, campaigns, and other activities to successfully meet agency funding needs.
- Demonstrates the ability to project a professional and knowledgeable image on behalf of Villa of Hope.
- Responsible for managing revenue streams for events through advertisement sponsorships.
- In partnership with the Major Gifts Officer, oversee the recruitment of the Young Professional Board members.
- Lead all pre-event and day-of logistics for special events, including signature agency events, vendor relations, invoices, and delivery of sponsorship benefits.
- Analyze development progress to adjust and make improvements to initiatives and processes through reporting.
- Work with Major Gifts Officer and Marketing Manager to create content for email blasts for donors, upkeep of the Gala and golf websites, invitations, and sponsorship packets.
- Oversee the Holiday Wishes program and Gala Silent Auction (in conjunction with the Young Professional Board Gala Chair).
- Create and implement new techniques and fine tune existing techniques to make events as profitable as possible.
- Provide excellent customer services to timely email responses, thank you letters, donor information.
- Responsible for the management and planning of donor meetings for Major Gifts Officer, when required.
- Create, print, and mail donor thank you letters, in a timely fashion.
- Order supplies and event materials when needed.
- Oversee vendor management responsibilities, including the participation in contract negotiation and management of vendor relationships
- Attend all Gala and Golf meetings, as requested.
- Maintain current knowledge in present areas of responsibility, profession, and industry trends.
- Make a positive contribution by making suggestions for improvement and learning new skills, procedures, and processes.
- Support a high performing culture that is aligned with the Villa’s core values, Guiding Principles and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging through a team-based environment.
- Performs other duties as requested by Major Gifts Officer.
- 3-5+ years’ experience in a diverse and fast-paced non-profit environment or equivalent experience.
- Supervising volunteers and collaborating with vendors, highly preferred.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud, Constant Contact, and Mail Chimp, preferred.
- Demonstrate the ability to use sound judgement and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrate solid project management skills, including critical ability to manage multiple projects in a time-sensitive manner.
- Organized and self-directed; politically savvy and team player – able to share information and collaborate effectively across all functions, and with both internal and external partners.
- Critical thinking to identify opportunities and solutions to overcome barriers to success.
- Ability to lead self and others through changing priorities and environments.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook and be able to readily learn new systems.
- Position may require some travel to meet with donors and funders. License and transportation required.
Contact Aly Raco, Director of Recruiting at JK Executive Strategies, Aly@jkexec.om or 585.417.9693
JK Executive Strategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of JK Executive Strategies to provide equal opportunity in employment and conditions of employment to all individuals regardless of age, race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, veteran or military status, disability, pregnancy-related condition, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, marital status, familial status, prior arrest, domestic violence victim status, non-job related convictions, participation in lawful activities outside of our workplace, or any other status protected by law.