Organization: St. John's Home
Posting Start: 08/23/2021
Location: Rochester, NY
Job Title: Dietitian
Posting End: 09/23/2021
A Brief Job Description:
St. John’s is leading and inspiring a shift in society’s views of elderhood. Join our family of dedicated, talented employees who are at the forefront of innovative senior services delivery in this community. St. John’s embraces living every day by fostering a culture that is friendly, respectful, responsive, compassionate, innovative, and fun for both employees and the elders and residents that call St. John’s home.
If this description speaks to you, continue reading about the opportunity of Dietitian. This is a full time, position at the Home.
Coordinates clinical nutrition care and planning for designated elders as part of an interdisciplinary care team. Helps elders balance nutrition needs due to specific medical conditions with food preferences to achieve agreed upon goals. Provides high quality service in a collaborative team effort that is elder-focused and supports the Eden philosophy.
Qualifications & Education Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food and Nutrition or Dietetics required
- ADA registered or registration eligible required
- Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist in NYS preferred
- 1 year in long term care preferred
- Ability to interact with elders and care for their needs
- Willingness to embrace and exemplify St. John’s Brand Characteristics
- Responsible for nutritional assessments and monitoring of assigned residents
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings, family meetings, QAPI meetings and other assigned committees
- Participate in QAPI activities including data collection, audits, monitoring, and quality improvement plans, including diet consistency programs
- Collaborate with Core Teams to facilitate appropriate nutritional care and care planning on an as needed basis
- Provide diet counseling to residents and their family members as needed
- Act as a liaison between St. John’s and families of elders
- Supervise Dietary Care Partners as needed
- Help with other duties as needed that support the Core Team to fulfill St John’s mission vision and values
Please apply online at www.stjohnsliving.org/careers.
St. John’s is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by laws and regulations.