Organization: CP Rochester
Posting Start: 09/02/2022
Job Title: Direct Support Professional Lead - Day Habilitation B.E.L.L. Program
Posting End: 10/31/2022
A Brief Job Description:
We are currently seeking a Direct Support Professional Lead - Day Hab in our B.E.L.L. (Bridge to Earning, Learning, and Living) Program.
Ensure safety and supervision of all individuals focusing on fulfilling the Agency’s Mission, Vision and Values and providing services which meet or exceed the goals of the individual, department and the agency. Acts a lead for program staff at Roberts Weslyan College and as primary contact for day to day operations with the B.E.L.L. team.
- Imparts agency philosophy of “Equal Opportunity, Independence and Realization of Individual Potential” to children, families, program staff and community resources.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with agency policy and HIPAA.
- Provides oversight to ensure safety and supervision of individuals. May be required to work in the agency’s residential homes should there be an emergency, weather hazard, or other unforeseen occurrence.
- Provides assistance, training and supervision with various activities of daily living, helping each individual to improve their ability to be more independent while addressing specific individualized outcomes as outlined on staff action plans.
- Accompanies individuals to offsite locations/activities, helping them to access and utilize community resources (i.e. shopping, recreation, entertainment, volunteer opportunities, etc.).
- Responsible for engaging with members of the Robert Wesleyan team regarding any student concerns and requirements of the college/B.E.L.L. program.
- Assists students in meeting and tracking their progress on all requirements of the B.E.L.L. program including social, educational, employment and portfolio creation/management.
- Assists individuals with planning and accessing activities of choice.
- Participates and acts as a contributing member in the development and maintenance of person-centered Action plans, providing input regarding individual skill development.
- Acts as a role model for program participants by interacting with others in a professional and respectful manner, dressing appropriately for business and campus settings, and ensuring individuals understand professional presentation/demeanor.
- Teaches classes with all B.E.L.L. students (including served through B.E.L.L. partners) on independent living, campus integration, appropriate social interactions, internship expectations, etc.
- Maintains necessary documentation as required per regulations and agency policies. Implements and monitors Action Plans on a daily basis. Ensures all billing and Life Plans include regulatory required elements and meet the program/agency requirements.
- Communicates regularly with agency personnel to provide opportunities for exchange of information and discussion of concerns. Provides feedback to Supervisor regarding individual and/or program concerns.
- Manages crisis situations per agency policies and procedures.
- Assists individuals in working toward achievement of their goals, while ensuring adherence to applicable Support Plans.
- Supports and encourages individuals to make as many decisions as possible, ranging from basic choices to long term goals.
- Provides emergency and first aid treatment, within their scope of training, as needed until relieved by other staff, a professional medical person, or other designated person.
- Attends all departmental or other related meetings/trainings as assigned by Supervisor.
- Interacts with members of the B.E.L.L./Roberts Wesleyan College team to ensure program is maintaining all standards of the B.E.L.L. program and Roberts Wesleyan team.
- Participates in conferences and workshops recommended to enhance job skills and personal growth and development.
- Adheres to agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
- Organizational Skills.
- Individual focus.
- Ethical conduct.
- Communication proficiency.
- Detail oriented
What We Offer:
Competitive pay rates and flexible benefit package to include:
- Affordable medical insurance with health reimbursement account
- Dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- 403(b) with employer match
- Paid Time Off starting at 17 days per year, plus paid sick leave
- 8 paid holidays per year
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, college experience preferred.
- Experience working with people with intellectual disabilities preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in planning, implementing and evaluating work with individuals, customers, and employees.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, using good judgment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Mental Requirements include: general intelligence, motor coordination skills, coordination of eyes, hands and feet, verbal intelligence and numerical intelligence. Environmental conditions include: noise conditions and injury exposures.
Travel is primarily local during the business day (as needed), but employee may be expected to travel to a residential house in emergency situations.
To be considered for employment please Apply On-Line: http://cprochester.org/employment.asp