Organization: Hope Initiatives
Posting Start: 2022-06-15
Job Title: Director of Finance and Human Resources
Posting End: 2022-08-31
A Brief Job Description:
Director of Finance and Human Resources
Full-Time Salary Commensurate with Experience
The Director of Finance and Human Resources is responsible for smooth and efficient execution of
all fiscal functions of the corporation in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
(GAAP), including the analysis, recording, and reporting of Hope Initiatives’ financial condition to
the President & CEO and the Board Finance Committee. This includes tasks such as budgeting,
cashflow management, internal controls, day-to-day bookkeeping and investments. This is a
broad role which also includes procurement oversight, employee payroll, onboarding and other
human resources functions. The director is also expected to actively participate in and help drive
long-term strategic planning.
• Enhance, implement and enforce fiscal and employee policies, procedures, and systems that will
improve the overall operation and effectiveness of Hope Initiatives.
• Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board Finance Committee as an effective
financial manager and problem solver; be viewed as approachable and as a mentor on financial and HR
• Represent the CEO at work and at board meetings in his or her absence.
• Plan, implement, and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function.
• Participate in the development of strategies, plans and programs, and provide analysis of financial and
• Provide strategic financial input and leadership on tactical opportunities ranging from evaluation of
investments, to healthcare and other employee benefits.
• Provide timely and accurate development and analysis of budgets and financial performance along
with reports to assist the CEO, the board, and other senior managers in managing their responsibilities
• Manage/oversee annual financial processes such as auditing and tax filings, and HR processes such as
healthcare coverage enrollment.
• Execute and continuously improve the budgeting process.
• Perform all bookkeeping tasks to ensure that all financial transactions are accurately and promptly
• Manage and maintain timeliness of the accounts receivable and accounts payable processes.
• Develop and advise on cost management strategies.
• Optimize banking relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance the corporation’s cash
• Develop reliable cash flow projection and reporting processes that include minimum cash threshold to
meet operating needs.
Human Resources Responsibilities
• Maintain relationship with and continuously evaluate the HR Services provider.
• Onboard new employees in an efficient and timely manner.
• Maintain and continuously improve an employee record keeping system.
• Prepare weekly payroll and annual employee statements.
• Provide guidance and information needed to manage staffing requirements and payroll budgets.
• Assist department managers on the resolution of personnel concerns.
• Commitment to the Mission of Hope Initiatives
• Knowledge of Financial Management and Regulations for Non-profit Organizations
• Business Acumen
• Project Management
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Presentation Skills
• Integrity and Ethical Conduct
• Collaboration and Communication Proficiency
• Strategic Thinking
• Technical Capacity
• Excellent Time Management and Prioritization Skills
• Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
Requirements and Expectations
• At least 4 years’ experience in Financial Management, including Bookkeeping, for an organization
similar in size or larger than Hope Initiatives. Knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other area of Financial Management highly desirable
• Supervisory experience for at least 3 employees
• The job is largely sedentary, however full range of motion is necessary along with the ability to lift up
to 25 lbs.
• Ability to work approximately 30 hours per week during week days. Schedule can be flexible.
• Occasional local travel
Hope Initiatives is a fast-paced work environment. Good organizational skills, and the ability to
multi-task and adapt to changing and challenging environments are necessary in order to be
successful. The Director of Finance and HR is expected to reflect the Christian values of the
organization and lead in accordance with biblical standards of conduct.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should provide a resume outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the
position to Dale Sedgwick at our office at 506 W. Broad Street, Rochester, NY or
email@example.com. For more information call 585-697-0407.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check and drug
HOPE INITIATIVES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.