Organization: Catholic Charities Finger Lakes
Posting Start: 2022-07-22
Location: Wayne County
Job Title: Emergency Assistance Case Worker
Posting End: 2022-08-26
A Brief Job Description:
Under supervision of the Emergency Assistance Coordinator, is responsible for a assessing the needs of individuals or families and assisting directly or referring to other appropriate service providers in the community.
- Provide an assessment of an individual’s or family’s needs.
- Assist clients directly with emergency assistance funds and/or referrals to other community resources.
- Provide education about services and resources available in the community and how to access those community services.
- Provided advocacy, linkage and coordination of services provided.
- Establish and maintain contact with community services with special attention to the faith community, strengthening service delivery.
- Stay up-to-date on community resources and services that can benefit individuals and families in the program and maintain a resource book specific to the region served.
- Maintain records and reports necessary for good casework practice.
- Work as a team with other agency staff, especially reception/support staff in providing Emergency Assistance Programs.
- Participate in staff meetings and other agency-related meetings/events.
- Participate in agency’s strategic planning efforts.
- Complete required agency and program reports in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties as required/requested.
TITLE OF DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Emergency Assistance Supervisor
EDUCATION: High School Diploma required. Associate degree in a Human Services related field preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Familiarity with community resources and emergency needs/ assistance in the Finger Lakes region. Bilingual skills in English and Spanish desirable.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
- Willingness to foster agency, department and program wide cooperation and team work through use of positive/constructive communication techniques.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in regards to all records reviewed including consumer records, employee records and billing records.
- Proficiency and experience with PC’s and Microsoft applications.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and to handle problem resolution.
- Possession of a valid NYS Driver’s license and a driver's record considered acceptable by agency and insurance carrier.
- Continuous use of a reliable, registered and insured vehicle.
- Demonstrate commitment to Agency Mission Statement.
- Adheres to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations including, but not limited to, those governing confidentiality, privacy, program, billing and documentation standards. All duties must be performed in accordance with CCDR’s corporate compliance and ethics program.