Organization: Ability Partners Foundation
Posting Start: 10/22/2018
Location: Victor, NY
Job Title: Events Planner
Posting End: 12/09/2018
A Brief Job Description:
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work may vary during business hours Monday -Friday. Evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
Supports Ability Partners Foundation (APF) mission and vision in three overlapping areas: event coordination, database management, and administrative support. Main focus of position is in direct support of the VP of Foundation/ Development, and the Graphic Design and Marketing Manager. Works with the Communications Consultant when necessary.
Required Education and Experience
1. Must have a minimum of an associate’s degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Three to five years of experience in event coordination or management, preferably in the not-for-profit industry.
3. Proficient in the use of Adobe InDesign/Creative Suite, Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database applications.
4. Previous fundraising or development experiences advantageous.
5. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team.
6. Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings and weekend days.
7. Ability to travel for short business trips.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Coordinate (plan, promote, and execute) all APF fundraising events with the oversight from the VP of Foundation/ Development, Graphic Design and Marketing Manager, Communications Consultant, and various agency/community committees.
2. Events include: Gala (2), Bowl-a-thon, Autism Walk, Golf Tournament, Dash to Cash raffle drawing, 5K Run for Fun/1M Walk for Wellness, WalkAbout, Lilac Festival, and various other community events.
3. Assists with promoting increased understanding and awareness of all three organizations, programs and services through the development of positive relationships with businesses, community groups, individuals and funding sources.
4. Assists Graphic Design and Marketing Manager/Communications Consultant as necessary to ensure event information is up-to-date and disseminated in a timely manner.
5. Assists with updating campaign appeals, program booklets, website, social media content as well as revising event flyers, forms, letters, etc.
6. Facilitates events meetings.
7. Develops knowledge of donation tracking software for all three agencies.
8. Updates and maintains mailing lists; produces mailer and mailing labels.
9. Provides administrative support to the VP of Foundation/Development and the Graphic Design and Marketing Manager.
10. Prepares agendas, records minutes, coordinates meetings/volunteers for all events
Salary Commensurate with experience
Employment Full Time – 35 hours a week/12 Month
Anne Battaglia, VP Human Resources CP Rochester, Rochester Rehabilitation and Happiness House
585-334-6000 – CP Rochester
315-789-6828 – Happiness House – Geneva Site