Organization: Catholic Charities Finger lakes
Posting Start: 2022-07-22
Location: Ontario county
Job Title: Family Case Worker
Posting End: 2022-08-26
A Brief Job Description:
Under the leadership of the Director of Services, is responsible for providing financial literacy, parent training and support, and case management services to parenting men and women, their families and significant others in Seneca and Ontario Counties. This program also provides a group education program for the Day Reporting Program (Probation).
- Provide in-home, community, or in-office skills training to parents that includes household financial management skills but may also include communication-skills and child development.
- Develop individual service plan with each client and periodically review their progress.
- Complete intake assessment on all families seen.
- Collaborate with community partners and resources.
- Maintain records and reports necessary for good casework practice.
- Educate and refer clients as needed to other services available in the community.
- Establish and maintain contact with other community services to improve ability to link clients as needed.
- Provide advocacy, referrals and follow up in areas of financial assistance, housing, education and other areas as appropriate.
- Stay up-to-date on community resources and services that can benefit parents and children in the program.
- Participate in staff meetings and other agency-related meetings/events.
- Participate in agency’s strategic planning efforts.
- Complete required agency and program reports in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties as required/requested.
TITLE OF DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Director of Services
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or related field or Associates Degree with four years of related experience; or successful completion of Family Development Training & Credentialing (FDC).
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience in human services.
Knowledge of family and child welfare delivery systems, current parenting skills, child development, and financial literacy.