Organization: Villa of Hope
Posting Start: 2022-03-15
Job Title: Foreign Language Special Education Teacher (School- Part time)
Posting End: 2023-03-01
A Brief Job Description:
Foreign Language(LOTE)/Special Education Teacher
Villa of Hope helps youth and families rebuild relationships, recover from trauma and renew Hope for their future.
JOB TITLE: Foreign Language (LOTE)/Special Education Teacher
SUPERVISOR: Director of Education
- Exercises full compliance with the Agency’s Code of Conduct, all Agency policies and procedures and Federal and State laws and regulations.
- The Foreign Language (LOTE)/Special Education Teacher creates a mutually respectfully safe and supportive learning environment that is inclusive of every student.
- The Foreign Language (LOTE)/Special Education Teacher manages the learning environment and student’s behavior in the classroom by establishing, promoting, and enforcing school rules, procedures and expectations.
- Maintains productive learning environment within the classroom.
- Knowledge of IEP’s, report cards and transcripts.
- Attends staff/team meetings on regular bases and contributes appropriately to the team.
- Demonstrates, promotes and practices cultural sensitivity towards students and staff through respect and understanding achieved through training and Agency cultural activities.
- The Foreign Language (LOTE)/Special Education Teacher conducts themselves in a professional manner demonstrating ethical and professional conduct throughout the agency.
- Gives input and feedback when necessary in regards to safety concerns to appropriate team members in the school and across the agency.
- Participate in department and agency school meetings.
- Communicate effectively with students, colleagues, parents and districts.
- Fulfills all legal requirements as a Mandated Reporter under NYS law and professional ethical standards.
- Other tasks and duties given by supervisor
- Character and Courage (Integrity and Trust)
- Customer Focus
Leading the Organization
- Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Justice and Equity
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: NYS Teaching Certification required or in process at time of hire. Successful completion of certification required within six months of hire date. Preferred degree a Foreign Language (LOTE)/Students w/ Disabilities. Knowledge of Foreign Language Standards and Curriculum. Experience in the content area preferred.
SPECIAL SKILLS: Experience in PBIS (Positive Behavioral Intervention Supports) and Restorative Practices. Self-motived, strong verbal and writing skills, attention to detail, problem-solving, flexible and adaptable.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following lists physical demands an employee will perform on a regular basis: standing, walking, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling and climbing; Must be able to perform a variety of tasks, climb stairs, move throughout the building , work cooperatively in a team environment and quickly respond to emergencies. Position requires that the employee must be able to restrain clients utilizing Therapeutic Crisis Intervention techniques. Position may also require employee to transport clients utilizing an agency vehicle.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully complete Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Training: the ability to drop repeatedly to knees, twist and turn, exert oneself physically at an intense level, and support another adult’s weight.