Organization: Goodwill of the Finger Lakes
Posting Start: 2022-04-13
Job Title: Good Neighbor Community Navigator
Posting End: 2023-04-13
A Brief Job Description:
Bilingual in Spanish strongly desired.
The Good Neighbor Community Navigator is responsible for assisting individuals overcome their barriers to employment and independence; connecting individuals with appropriate resources and services; and creating and maintaining community partnerships that facilitate an individual's success.
The Good Neighbor Community Navigator will support the initiatives that connect Goodwill to the communities we serve and provide items to assist partner organizations and individuals.
Subscribes to and promotes Goodwill of the Finger Lakes’ mission, vision and values. Functions as an active Community Engagement team member to achieve organization and department goals.
This position will serve the entire Goodwill of the Finger Lakes footprint including the Syracuse and Rochester areas. This individual will be required to travel independently between locations, work effectively with location managers, and collaborate with the Community Engagement, Mission Services and Donated Goods Retail teams.
Competencies needed to be successful in this job include strong customer focus; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work effectively with remote teams; ability to deal with ambiguity and change; strong interpersonal relationship skills; ability to work with a diverse population including individuals with significant barriers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate Goodwill of the Finger Lakes Community Room and Center usage including, but not limited to:
- Determine appropriateness of community spaces requests.
- Coordinate necessary agreements with individuals & organizations utilizing community spaces.
- Schedule spaces and track community space usage and impact.
- Maintain community spaces by ensuring that available room items are in good working order, space is clean, and supplies are properly stocked.
- Work with Community Engagement, Mission Services and Donated Goods Retail team members to meet Good Neighbor requests and community needs.
- Follow Goodwill of the Finger Lakes’ procedures to maintain the integrity of the program and control of organization assets.
- Seek Good Neighbor Partners that assist in the promotion of the Goodwill of the Finger Lakes brand, and assist in meeting our goals of reducing waste and leveraging donations fully.
- Provide support to the Workforce Development Work Readiness Programs through Working Wardrobe and Good Neighbor initiatives, ensuring that items are available to provide job seekers with appropriate working wardrobe and/or uniform needs.
- Carry out all required travel to support the Good Neighbor Program.
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to demonstrate proficiency in meeting competencies required for position; able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree in a relevant field preferred. One year experience in human services; employment and training; workforce development programs; adult learning and training; and/or consultation/training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have strong interpersonal, organizational, and oral & written communication skills.
Ability to assess situations, define problems and propose viable resolutions; ability to collect relevant data, and establish facts & propose conclusions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work in a variety of settings including: office space where there are times that one may sit for extended periods of time and to work extensively with computers; warehouse and retail backroom space where standing for extended periods of time, moving, lifting and bending is required to gather merchandise for Good Neighbor requests. The position requires the employee to travel throughout the Goodwill of the Finger Lakes region independently. The employee must be able to communicate effectively. The employee needs to have reasonable mobility.
Moderate, occasional short deadlines requiring some overtime or varied work schedule to meet goals. Work environment occasionally hectic with occasional to frequent periods of high stress.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but varies by location of work.
Goodwill of the Finger Lakes and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Veteran/Disability