Organization: CP Rochester
Posting Start: 09/02/2022
Job Title: Habilitation Coordinator - Day Hab
Posting End: 10/31/2022
A Brief Job Description:
The Habilitation Coordinator is responsible for the development of Habilitation Plans and Individualized Plans of Protective Oversight. The Coordinator works in collaboration with the Room Supervisor and Habilitation staff on implementation of individualized plans. The Coordinator is responsible for completion of Monthly Summary reports and functional assessments for individuals utilizing the service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work, Human Services or related field required. Two years experience in working with people with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Valid NYS driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills.
- Must have demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have computer literacy skills and a demonstrated ability to adapt to new computer software.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides support for and encourages Individuals of all ages and abilities in making meaningful choices to determine their pathway in life.
- Reviews and updates Habilitation Plans, to meet regulatory body guidelines at least twice yearly or as needed or requested by the Individual.
- Coordinates the writing and implementation of Individual Plans of Protection.
- Trains program staff regarding Individual’s plans.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of plans through monthly summary reports and functional assessments
- Provides support for Individuals in skill development.
- Promotes Individual’s feelings of self-respect and respect for others, as well as a sense of connection to the community.
- Develops meaningful partnerships with the Individuals, families, and the community to fulfill the individual’s right to live productive and rewarding lives and to ensure all doors are open and opportunities are available
- Completes and maintains all records in accordance with the standards of regulatory agencies governing the operation of CP Rochester.
- Meet with Supervisory team on a regular basis for exchange of information, brainstorming, and problem solving
- Participates in the team decision-making process and carries out decisions consistently.
- Presents a positive and professional public image. Is polite and professional with all people in daily interactions.
- Adheres to Agency & Program policy and procedures and serves as a role model for other program staff.
- Achieves program and department goals by performing other responsibilities as required.
- Maintains confidentiality of all protected health information in accordance with agency policy
- Participates in quality and fiscal program audits, implementing recommendations, as needed.
- Directly supervised by the Senior Supervisor.
- Interacts regularly with Supervisors, Individuals, families, QSS staff, care managers, and community members.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Employment: Full Time 40 Hours Per Week Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
The agencies are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit an on-line application at http://cprochester.org/employment.asp