Posting Start: 04/12/2021
Job Title: Home Health Care Manager
Posting End: 11/30/2021
A Brief Job Description:
Provide care management to individuals with a chronic illness and/or mental health diagnosis by communicating with all other professionals involved in an individual’s care to establish a comprehensive plan of treatment and health maintenance.
· Provide high quality care management services that will assist in reducing avoidable health care costs and result in improved outcomes for the individual.
· Provide person centered care management to individuals with a chronic illness and/or mental health diagnosis
· Coordinate all aspects of person’s care
· Assist to develop, document, and implement care plan that address the chronic illness, social supports, and any other goal the individual may choose to pursue
· Maintain records in accordance with Health Homes and Department of Health requirements
Education and Experience:
· A Bachelor’s Degree in a health and human services field and two years of experience working in a health and human services field OR An Associate’s Degree in a health and human services field 3-5 years of experience either: (a) Providing direct services to persons with serious mental illness, developmental disabilities, alcohol or substance abuse; OR (b) Linking persons who have serious mental illness, developmental disabilities, alcohol or substance abuse to a broad range of services essential to successfully living in a community setting
· A practicum that encompasses experience in performing assessments and developing
· service plans are preferred.
· Must possess and maintain a valid NYS Driver’s License; a vehicle is required to perform the job.
· Must be able to talk, hear, walk, twist, bend, use hand to finger; sit for extended periods of time
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include
· Close vision
· Ability to adjust focus
· Ability to view computer screens and use fingers for keyboard
· Ability to train in and perform all required trainings for this position
While performing the duties of this position, the employee travels by automobile and will be exposed to changing weather conditions.
OSHA Category I: This position requires tasks that involve exposure to blood or body fluids that requires specific training for the employee’s safety. All Epilepsy- Pralid, Inc. employees are offered the opportunity to receive Hepatitis B vacation series.