Organization: Catholic Charities Finger Lakes
Posting Start: 2022-07-22
Location: Finger Lakes
Job Title: Homeless Coordinator
Posting End: 2022-08-26
A Brief Job Description:
Catholic Charities Finger Lakes has a great position full time in Hopewell, NY for a Homeless Coordinator. The Homeless Coordinator works in cooperation with the Ontario County Department of Social Services to provide the coordination and oversight of homelessness response and the direct case management and support of individuals and families identified as homeless in Ontario County. This position will also provide coordination and administer the allocation of transportation grants and services for eligible Ontario County households.
- Conduct Temporary Homeless Assessment on new clients- daily.
- Review individual’s cases, assess situation and make appropriate referrals to contract agencies, community resources and inter agency departments as needed.
- Provide and monitor temporary housing placements as necessary.
- Conduct follow up with clients to assure compliance with eligibility requirements
- Coordinate with T/A workers regarding status eligibility and ongoing requirements.
- Maintain oversight and partner relationships with contract and community service providers, community resources and service providers.
- Provide outreach in the community to address trends, community needs and to maintain up to date information regarding openings or placement opportunities at community resources.
- Maintain databases and tracking systems that support identification of and response to homelessness in Ontario County.
- Serve as point of contact between the Department of Social Services, community resources, partners and general public.
- Maintain statistical information and complete reporting as necessary.
Supports Mission of the Agency
- Participate in staff meetings and other CCFL-related meetings/events.
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement efforts for the program and for the agency.
- Complete required agency and program reports in a timely manner.
- Complete other duties as assigned necessary to advance the response to homelessness and transportation needs in Cayuga County.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or Associates Degree with 2 years of related experience
EXPERIENCE: -Three to Five years’ experience in human services
-Knowledge of poverty, homelessness and community conditions that impact financial stability