Organization: Villa of Hope
Posting Start: 2022-07-29
Job Title: HR Generalist
Posting End: 2022-09-30
A Brief Job Description:
Under the general supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist will provide oversight and support to a full range of HR services to include such areas as Employee Relations, New Employee Orientation, Recruitment/Staffing, internal processes, recordkeeping, and ensuring all VOH policies and procedures are followed. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload; carries out all job responsibilities with fidelity and accountability to the Agency’s Mission, Vision, Values, Guiding Principles and Strategic Plan.
- Under the general direction of the Director of Human Resources and in conjunction with department/program managers assists in handling related employee relations and performance management issues.
- Assists with New Employee Orientation when Associate Recruiter is not available.
- From an HR perspective, coordinates internal investigations in collaboration with Quality and Compliance, also acts as a liaison for staff when needed.
- Coordinates the creation of a Safety Plan in collaboration with the Management Team, and ensures that staff receive “Rights and Responsibilities” when they are subject of an investigation.
- Assists the Director of Human Resources with all projects associated with the Human Resources department, including internal and external committees and special initiatives.
- Develops and maintains Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to ensure future viability.
- Actively participates in department cross training, both as a trainer and a learner.
- Actively participates in Human Resources team meetings, rotates leading meetings and taking minutes.
- Provides oversight to personnel files of active and terminated staff.
- Maintains a climate that attracts, maintains, and motivates a diverse group of high quality staff.
- Assists with planning and organizing events as needed (e.g. departmental training calendar)
- Assists with audit preparations
- Demonstrates, promotes and practices cultural competency toward clients and staff through respect and understanding achieved through training and Agency cultural activities.
- Maintains confidentiality and acts with discretion regarding sensitive information.
- Exercises full compliance with the Agency’s Code of Conduct, all Agency policies and procedures, and Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Supports Director of Human Resources in analyzing and updating current policies and procedures to ensure consistency, efficiency and accuracy.
- Oversight for I- 9 compliance in accordance with regulatory requirements for active and terminated employees.
- Provides assistance as needed on necessary background checks for new hires in accordance with all regulatory requirements to include fingerprinting, SEL, criminal background checks, NYS SCR database checks, MVR/LENS, Medicaid exclusion screening, education and license/credential verification, and reference checks.
- Provides assistance as needed to ensure appropriate databases associated with fingerprinting, MVR/LENS, and SCR are maintained and updated.
- Provides excellent service to all internal and external customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Strong familiarity with HR practices and procedures
- 2-3 years prior Human Resources Generalist experience preferred.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong collaboration and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information professionally
- Working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations related to the Human Resources function
- Strong computer skills
- Knowledge of HRIS (e.g. ADP Workforce Now, Paycom, Paylocity, etc.) is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of staff and leadership, as well as with external clients and vendors.
- Must be able to work within a fast-paced team environment and prioritize tasks in the face of conflicting priorities.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) communication skills highly desired.