Organization: Villa of Hope
Posting Start: 2022-03-15
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Posting End: 2023-03-01
A Brief Job Description:
IT Support Technician 1
Villa of Hope helps youth and families rebuild relationships, recover from trauma and renew Hope for their future.
JOB TITLE: IT Support Technician
POSITION GRADE: 77
DEPARTMENT/PROGRAM: Information Technology
SUPERVISOR: Information Technology Manager
Working under the direction of the IT Manager and in conjunction with IT staff to provide hardware and software technical support for end users. Carries out all job responsibilities with fidelity and accountability to the Agency’s Mission, Vision, Values, Guiding Principles and Strategic Plan.
- Exercises full compliance with the Agency’s Code of Conduct, all Agency Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality and security for all client and staff related materials and/or records.
- Install, diagnose, configure, repair, deploy, relocate, maintain and upgrade all computer hardware and accessories (end-user equipment) as well as software (end-user applications and operating systems).
- Provide timely technical support to all staff, in person, by telephone, or via email.
- Maintaining updated ticket status, documenting progress on all issues using agency’s helpdesk ticketing system.
- Manage the inventory and audit process of all IT assets, maintaining asset records and life-cycles.
- Ensure secure practices of company software, hardware, and network.
- In collaboration with the IT Team, assist in the creation and maintenance of end-user documentation, support procedures and knowledgebase articles.
- In collaboration with the IT Team, participate in the delivery of training sessions to staff.
- Demonstrates, promotes and practices cultural competency toward clients and staff through respect and understanding achieved through training and Agency cultural activities.
- Other responsibilities as determined by IT Manager
Education: Minimum AA Degree in IT or related field, or equivalent experience.
Experience: 1 year of tech support hands-on experience
Other: Valid NYS Driver’s License
- Strong understanding and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Windows 10 operating systems, including installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, able to quickly adjust priorities and address multiple issues at a time.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Effective interpersonal skills for interaction with all levels of staff.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written), with proficient typing skills.
The following lists physical demands an employee will perform on a regular basis: standing, walking, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling and climbing stairs.
- Ability to walk short distances
- Ability to use stairs
- Ability to leave a location quickly
- Ability to lift and move equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use a computer and look at computer screens for extended periods of time.
- Character and Courage (Integrity and Trust)
- Customer Focus
Leading the Organization
- Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Justice and Equity
Villa of Hope is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.