Organization: The Children's Home
Posting Start: 08/01/2022
Location: Penfield, NY
Job Title: Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Posting End: 10/01/2022
A Brief Job Description:
Come be a part of a growing and thriving team at the Children's Home in this rewarding, self-directed role with mileage reimbursement!!
$2500 SIGN ON BONUS!! COMPETITIVE SALARY & WILL COMMENSURATE WITH EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & LICENSURE.
We are seeking a licensed behavioral health professional to join our expanding Children and Family Treatment and Support Services (CFTSS) team serving children/youth, ages birth to 21, and their families in the Penfield area within Monroe County to support an 8 bed children's program.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Provide individual, family, and group therapy in a variety of settings to improve overall wellness
- Carry full caseload and provide clinical services consistent with agency productivity standards
- Conduct evaluations and assessments
- Develop and implement treatment plans and conduct reviews to monitor progress
- Complete and maintain all required documentation in a timely manner in the Electronic Health Record system
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Work collaboratively with other staff and outside service providers
- Provide supervision to other members of the CFTSS team
- Attend supervision and staff meetings
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) credential is required, Licensed Creative Arts Therapist (LCAT) or Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) when under the supervision of an LCSW OR a Limited Permit.
- Proven experience working within child development and/or child welfare strongly preferred.
- A successful completion of the required credentialing process including criminal background check, and State Central Registry clearance will be required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Essential Functions: The ideal candidate should have working knowledge of child development. The candidate should also possess strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as remarkable organization skills. Knowledge of best practices working with children and families is preferred. Potential candidate must have previously demonstrated the ability to work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
*While this position can be performed remotely at times, some office presence is also required.*
Generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, 403(b) with 6% employer match, tuition reimbursement, child care reimbursement, & much more!!
Please submit resume to Racquel Smith, Recruitment Specialist, email@example.com and use position title as subject or apply at www.chowc.org/employment