Organization: CBH Medical P.C
Posting Start: 12/30/2020
Job Title: LMSW/LCSW
Posting End: 12/31/2021
A Brief Job Description:
CBH Medical P.C is looking to directly hire an LMSW/LCSW to work in the Binghamton, NY area.
The LMSW/LCSW will be responsible for helping patients deal with a variety of mental health and daily living problems to improve their overall functioning. Additionally, the LMSW/LCSW will be responsible for coordinating inpatient mental health services as well as transfers to crisis intervention and state admissions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinate, monitor and administer mental health services and procedures within the medical department.
2. Serve as mental health liaison for the medical unit.
3. Serve as the mental health liaison for medical services, outside health care facilities and other departments regarding mental health issues.
4. Provide one-to-one intervention and follow-up of substance abuse offenders.
5. Coordinate and facilitate admission and placement of certified patients in forensic and community hospitals.
6. Work cooperatively with the Department of Mental Health, county or state agencies involved in providing mental health services to the public, court service, judges and mental health services related to the courts.
7. Train personnel in the mental health area.
8. Evaluate mental health status of patients upon referral of a primary treatment provider.
· Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) with at least 12 semester hours of clinical coursework
· Have at least 3 years of post MSW supervised experience in diagnosis, psychotherapy and assessment-based treatment planning acceptable to the Department
· Meet clinical examination requirements
· Complete coursework or training in the identification and reporting of child abuse offered by a New York State approved provider
Job Type: Full time (will potentially include evening and/or weekend shifts)
Jennifer Michael, LCSW, CASAC, CCHP
Regional Director of Mental Health
Corporate Director of Services, Human Resources