Organization: Rochester Rehabilitation Center
Posting Start: 06/07/2022
Job Title: Mental Health Advisor
Posting End: 11/30/2022
A Brief Job Description:
Advise a caseload of assigned clients throughout all aspects of the psychiatric recovery model of treatment by providing 1 on 1 support and facilitating workshops aimed at assisting clients in overcoming their mental health barriers to successful acquisition.
Provide ongoing mental health treatment using evidence-based and person centered practices as a component of the PROS Program
- Guide a case load of 16-18 clients through the rehabilitation process by assisting each client in establishing and achieving his/her personalized life role goals.
- Responsible for timely caseload documentation including concurrent development of clients’ individualized recovery plans (IRP), on-going progress notes, IRP reviews, and on-going assessment in accordance with NYSOMH regulations.
- Participate in on-going development and implementation (teaching) of program curriculum based on clients’ barriers to goal attainment.
- Coordinate outside referrals for clients as needed
- Communicate with all members of the client’s treatment team to deliver a comprehensive coordination of care.
- Responsible for the orientation and intake of new clients including comprehensive client assessments.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures to include being aware of the importance of Corporate Compliance Policies and the Code of Conduct. Staff is responsible for maintaining required certifications and licenses.
- Attends necessary trainings and inservices, participates in department and agency meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor/director.
Education, Experience, Skills and/or Licensing/Certification Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in the human services field and at least 3 years of experience in public or community mental health settings serving low income and culturally diverse populations or Master’s degree (preferred) in the human services field and at least 2 years of experience in public or community mental health settings serving low income and culturally diverse populations.
- Social Work or Licensed Mental Health Certification preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a person-centered planning and ability to work as part of a fast paced multi-disciplinary team.
Michele Eckert – firstname.lastname@example.org