Organization: Connecting Communities in Action (CCA)
Posting Start: 08/01/2021
Location: OLEAN and Machias
Job Title: Mental Health Clinician: DCS
Posting End: 08/31/2021
A Brief Job Description:
To provide mental health services to children, families and adults in Cattaraugus County.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) or Masters’ Degree of Science in Education (MSEd) from a graduate school approved by the New York State Department of Education required.
- NYS licensure preferred.
Other Requirements & Skills:
- Must have valid driver’s license, insurability, and reliable transportation.
- Minimum personal auto coverage of 100,000 bodily per person/300,000 per accident/ 100,000 property
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and motivation to work independently and without direct supervision as well as in a team and with the general public.
- Openness to learning new skills and technology as necessary; must participate in training as required.
- Assist affected customers with social, emotional, and related difficulties associated with their disability.
- Participate in the intake and screening of affected customers, evaluating and diagnosing the customer problem.
- Participate as a team member in individual, group, and family therapy.
- Provide social work services to help customers adjust to their disabilities and social environment.
- Refer customers to other governmental and non-governmental agencies.
- Coordinate various activity and treatment programs with other social agencies.
- Compile case studies, recording pertinent information.
- Collect and maintain appropriate data from various sources such as professional staff and customers’ families to establish an overall approach to the solution of customers’ mental and social problems.
- Complete documentation in a timely manner as outlined in the DCS Policy and Procedure and in keeping with funder requirements.
- Maintain information on community and health resources which can be utilized during the customer’s care.
- Participate in the process of transfer of customers to other levels of treatment as appropriate.
- Responsible to comply with all funding source regulations, for creating a safe environment, and to report any unsafe situations to the immediate supervisor.
- Must be enthusiastic about promoting the mission of CCA, be willing to work towards the good of the entire agency, and to act as an ambassador of CCA throughout the community.
- 1008 CPT units annually
- other duties as assigned
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
The following lists physical demands an employee will perform on a regular basis: Standing, walking, sitting, bending, squatting, kneeling, and climbing stairs. Additional abilities, with or without accommodations include:
- Ability to drive
- Ability to evacuate a building quickly
COO of Transitions/ Clinical Supervisor
Connecting Communities in Action (CCA) strives to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of our employees. Creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work, connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve.