Organization: Finger Lakes Area Counseling and Recovery Agency
Posting Start: 09/23/2022
Location: Penn Yan
Job Title: Outpatient Mental Health Counselor
Posting End: 10/31/2022
A Brief Job Description:
Minimum Qualifications: Masters Preferred. Bachelor’s Degree required in Health/Human Services and three years of experience. Valid NYS Drivers’ License. QHP required.
The Counselor is responsible for clinical services to clients served by FLACRA. The following duties will apply:
Responsible for, but not limited to, providing direct diagnostic evaluative services to clients. To assess the client’s primary and secondary diagnosis and, thus, need for and modality of further treatment.
Supply identified clients’ direct therapeutic services through individual, conjoint, family and/or group therapy.
With self-direction and competence, carry out the Agency’s responsibilities to its clientele. Handle intake and service load with independent judgment using self-initiated consultation in technical problems of diagnostic evaluation in treatment techniques.
4. Participate in general, staff, in-service and supervisory meetings held by the Agency.
5. Maintain positive and effective relationships with community groups, referral sources and service agencies.
6. Participate in community presentations and training programs.
7. Provide counseling to assist clients in the development of appropriate interpersonal, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
8. Demonstrates teamwork and an ability to work in a team environment with coworkers and supervisors. Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and cooperative.
9. Responds appropriately to crisis/emergency situations in order to ensure/secure the safety/well-being of the clients.
10. Assures all documentation is completed in a timely and accurate manner in compliance with agency/OASAS regulations, practices, policies & procedures.
11. Demonstrates professionalism by providing quality service and care with respect and dignity for the clients and as a representative of FLACRA.
12. Coordinate meeting client needs through utilization of the outreach board.
Excellent benefits package.
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org