Organization: Rochester Regional Health
Posting Start: 09/08/2021
Location: Rochester, NY
Job Title: NURSE CARE MANAGER
Posting End: 11/26/2021
A Brief Job Description:
This opportunity is eligible for a Sign-On Bonus!
To initiate and manage care management aspects of patient centered medical home and to work closely with clinical teams to realize outcome goals for patients. The Nurse Care Manager interfaces directly with physicians, other members of health care teams, patients and their families/caregivers. The central role of the Nurse Care Manager is a commitment to improve clinical outcomes in patient populations most at risk within practices and those at potential risk and to manage other care managers to do the same. Provide superior customer service by modeling the Brand Promise and Core Values.
STATUS: Part Time
LOCATION: Riedman Campus, Rochester, NY
DEPARTMENT: Care Management
SCHEDULE: Day Shift
- Must be a graduate of an accredited program of professional nursing. BSN or Masters preferred.
- Registered IN NYS as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Valid New York State Drivers license and ability to travel.
- Minimum 4-5 years clinical experience; case management/utilization management/discharge planning experience preferred.
- Progressive clinical experience including, community health, care management, disease management or behavioral health preferred.
- Experience working as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to lead and facilitate a team approach to population based care.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills Excel, Word, the Internet and Health Information Technology.
Strong interpersonal skills.
- Analysis. Analyze workflows, quality reporting including patient registries, evidence-based medicine, and office issues to develop effective improvement programs in conjunction with health care teams.
- Care Planning. Develop and implement population based strategies to close gaps in care based on clinical knowledge of the risk factors and needs of the populations served. Develop evidence-based care plans for medically complex individuals to implement and to share widely.
- Resource Development/Management. Develop a network of resources within and without Unity health System to promote effective care management. Identify any barriers to and solutions for successful care management.Interact effectively with physicians and other members of health care teams.
EDUCATION BS: Nursing (Required)
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS BLS – Basic Life Support – American Heart Association (AHA); RN – Registered Nurse – New York State Education Department (NYSED)
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran