Organization: University of Rochester Medical Center
Posting Start: 2021-07-07
Job Title: Operations Manager – Pharmacy
Posting End: 2021-08-06
A Brief Job Description:
The University of Rochester Medical Center is looking for an individual to join our Pharmacy team as an Operations Manager. The Operations Manager will be responsible for developing standardized administrative processes and oversee the administrative staff within the Pharmacy department. The responsibilities include leading a team of 8-9 individuals and HR functions such as onboarding staff, employee engagement, performance management and succession planning. Working closely with the Chief Pharmacy Officer, the Operations Manager also manages projects related to Pharmacy’s strategic plan, keeping project deliverables on track.
This will be achieved through:
- Establishing administrative goals and operating processes, to ensure business objectives are met in all areas of Pharmacy.
- Creating efficiencies within the administrative functions such as payroll, document retention, licensure compliance and HR.
- Development and oversight of an onboarding plan for department new hires.
- Effective collaboration with the Director and Associate Directors of Pharmacy, helping to develop initiatives and goals that support Pharmacy’s strategic plan.
- Developing Pharmacy’s annual report, highlighting key achievements and performance metrics.
The desired candidate will:
- Be results-oriented
- Possess exceptional communications skills
- Have the ability to manage projects and manage a wide scope of administrative functions
- Bring a fresh perspective to the team, thinking outside of the box to address operational needs
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
The University of Rochester Medical Center is made up of many parts, all devoted to providing highly advanced medical care. Our Mission of “Ever Better” means we improve the well-being of patients and communities by delivering innovative, compassionate, patient and family-centered healthcare, enriched by education, science and technology. Our Vision is to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment that guides and transforms our approaches to healthcare, education, research and community partnerships.
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. The University believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances the performance of our organization and our ability to fulfill our important missions. The University is committed to fostering and supporting an environment inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs, or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equally valued and supported.