Organization: CP Rochester
Posting Start: 08/23/2022
Job Title: Payroll Coordinator
Posting End: 09/02/2022
A Brief Job Description:
We are currently seeking a Payroll Coordinator to join our CP Rochester Financial Services team.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7 hours per day during business hours.
The Payroll Coordinator is primarily responsible for running the bi-weekly payroll and maintaining payroll files for CP Rochester. The Payroll Coordinator ensures that pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with both government regulations and internal policies.
- Imparts agency philosophy of “Equal Opportunity, Independence and Realization of Individual Potential” to children, families, program staff and community resources.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to employees, individuals, and their families in accordance with agency policy.
- Reviews Time & Attendance, salary statements, mileage reimbursements and tax information for bi-weekly payroll.
- Assists employees with payroll questions and system access and has a high-level knowledge of the payroll system.
- Uses labor distribution information to produce payroll, accrual, benefits, and unemployment general journal entries and payroll bank entries.
- Performs monthly payroll, insurance, and benefit reconciliations.
- Assists with the annual 403B match calculation for CP Rochester.
- Performs biannual PTO valuation and HRB valuation calculation.
- Reviews quarterly tax information from the payroll processing company tax filing service for accuracy.
- Prepares information for W-2 processing, reconciles to payroll and disburses to employees.
- Maintains PTO records for all eligible employees.
- Prepares check requests related to payroll processing system and unemployment.
- Assists the Associate Director, VP of Finance, and CFO with cost reporting, budgeting, and CFR requirements as needed.
- Assists in annual year-end financial audits and annual worker’s compensation audit.
- Participates in Finance Department meetings.
- Adheres to the agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
- Performs other duties at the discretion of the Accounting Supervisor.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Participates in conferences, workshops and in-service training as needed or recommended to enhance job skills and personal growth and development.
- Adheres to agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and problem-solve.
- Communication proficiency.
- Ethical practice.
- Business Acumen.
- Organizational skills
Salary: Commensurate with experience
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay rates and flexible benefit package to include:
- Affordable medical insurance with health reimbursement account
- Dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- 403(b) with employer match
- Paid Time Off starting at 17 days per year, plus paid sick leave
- 8 paid holidays per year
- 2 years of experience preferred or Associates Degree in Accounting. In some cases, an equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains a plus.
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships with agency employees and management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
To be considered for employment, please apply on-line complete the employment application/questionnaire: