Organization: Helio Health
Posting Start: 06/07/2022
Location: Rochester, NY
Job Title: Physician/Assistant Medical Director
Posting End: 12/31/2022
A Brief Job Description:
Helio Health is on a mission to treat and promote recovery from the effects of substance use, mental health disorders, and other behavioral healthcare issues. Currently, Helio Health's Rochester Inpatient program is located on University Avenue. Due to our success in the region, we are moving to a freshly renovated location on Brighton Henrietta Townline Road! Now called Pathways of Helio Health, this location will better serve the community at a larger 53 bed Inpatient Rehabilitation and Medically Supervised Detox program.
The Physician will work on a Full-Time basis.
- Provide medical/psychiatric evaluation of patients.
- Order routine lab work and diagnostic testing when appropriate to assess patients’ levels of chemical dependency and determine appropriate medical referrals.
- Assist staff in understanding clients’ medical and psychiatric needs.
- Provide direct patient care of medical examination, implementation of medical orders, treatment of medical conditions, and reporting of communicable and infectious disease in accordance with the law.
- Provide and supervise the provision of the diagnosis and continuous management, including regular clinical reassessments, of patients’ diseases and disorders.
- Serve on special review and quality assurance committees as assigned.
- Supervise and review the distribution of medical staff, including physician assistants and nurses, in the dispensing of medication and the provision of primary care.
- Represent the medical perspective during team meetings.
- Provide first aid and emergency care to patients who become ill while in Helio Health programs.
- Must be a licensed physician currently registered by the NYS Education Department.
- At least one year of experience or comparable training in the treatment of substance abuse and/or dependency.
- Suboxone waiver preferred.
- ASAM Board Certification preferred, or willingness to work towards certification.
- Have prescriptive authority and a DEA number.
- Basic computer skills required.
Our Comprehensive Employee Benefits Package Includes:
- Health insurance including dental and vision for employees and families.
- Paid Vacation and Sick leave - No Waiting Period for accruals.
- Paid holidays, including a floating birthday holiday.
- 401(k) plan with up to 5% company match.
- Company paid short-term disability insurance.
- Company sponsored life insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Helio Health provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), parental status, religion, national origin, citizenship, status as a victim of domestic violence, age, military or veteran status, handicap or disability, family medical history or predisposing genetic characteristics or carrier status, marital status, family status, political affiliation, felony conviction record, status as a victim of a crime, or status as an employee who has complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit, or any other categories, status or activity protected by federal, state or local law.