Organization: Villa of Hope
Posting Start: 2022-03-15
Job Title: Preventive Supervisor
Posting End: 2023-03-01
A Brief Job Description:
JOB TITLE: Program Supervisor-CR
DEPARTMENT/PROGRAM: Residential Services
SUPERVISOR: Program Manager-CR
Under the direction of the Program Manager-CR, is responsible for daily operation of the program, including leading milieu treatment for youth, coaching/mentoring residential direct care staff, and assuming responsibilities of the Program Manager in his/her absence. This position carries out all responsibilities with fidelity and accountability to the Agency’s Mission, Vision, Sanctuary Commitments, and Strategic Plan.
- Practices, models, and coaches Cornell’s Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI).
- Integrates Sanctuary Model into all aspects of the CR program and culture.
- Maintains a climate that attracts, maintains, and motivates a diverse group of high quality staff and volunteers. Recognizes and rewards staff and volunteers. Assures appropriate management responsiveness to employee concerns.
- Recruits, screens, hires, trains, supervises, and retains high quality residential staff.
- Provides supervision, direction, coaching, mentoring and opportunities for professional development of direct reports.
- Delegates and assigns work efficiently to residential direct care staff, student interns, and program volunteers, delegating appropriate levels of autonomy while maintaining adequate supervision and support.
- In partnership with the Program Manager, assures necessary staffing levels at all times and accurate records of time worked by residential direct care staff.
- Participates in 24/7 on-call supervisory support to residential staff.
- In partnership with the Program Manager, develops, implements, and reviews/revises quality improvement initiatives in alignment with regulations and agency strategic plan.
- Exercises full compliance with Agency code of conduct, all Agency policies and procedures and Federal and State laws and regulations. Maintains regulatory compliance with all applicable agencies (OMH, IOC, CMS, MHLS, DOL, COA, etc.).
- Assures accurate and timely documentation of all required aspects of youth daily functioning.
- In partnership with the Program Manager, designs and carries out plans to reduce risk for both youth and staff in the program.
- Demonstrates, promotes and practices diversity, equity and inclusion in relation to clients and staff through respect and understanding achieved through training, individual supervision and Agency cultural activities.
- Develops relationships with each client to promote healthy growth and development.
- Plans, develops, and implements a consistent and predictable daily routine and schedule of activities for the program that is youth guided.
- Participates in treatment meetings for program youth and assists in the development of treatment goals and methods on an ongoing basis.
- Communicates and Collaborates with other departments to provide high quality interdisciplinary treatment for CR youth and families.
- Maintains a visible presence among program youth, families, staff, interdisciplinary team members, and agency departments.
- Represents the CR program and the agency with community stakeholders.
- Performs all duties of a residential direct care staff as needed.
Education: High school diploma required. Bachelor degree in human services related field preferred.
Experience: 2 years of experience in adolescent services. Some supervisory experience preferred.
Skills: Ability to engage youth and families individually and in groups. Strong organizational skills. Staff development and team-building skills. Creative problem solving. Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
Certified Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Trainer or ability to become certified within the first 6 months of employment.
Physical Demands: Some risk of physical injury due to use of therapeutic crisis intervention techniques.
Travel: Occasional travel for job development.
- Character and Courage (Integrity and Trust)-
- Do the right thing, because it is the right thing, even when no one is looking. Truth to Power.
- Customer Focus
- Build positive relationships through communication and collaborative problem solving.
- Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Justice and Equity
- Believe in the dignity and humanity of all people to reach their full potential.
- Process Management
- Develop and monitor processes and organize resources to achieve desired results.
- Develop Self and Others
- Continually develop self and others capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- Managerial Courage
- Make difficult decisions, own those decisions, and have difficult conversations, all in the best interest of the agency.
" Villa of Hope is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.”