Organization: Seneca County
Posting Start: 06/23/2021
Location: Waterloo, NY
Job Title: Psychiatric Social Worker
Posting End: 12/31/2021
A Brief Job Description:
• Conducts individual and family intakes and assessments;
• Develops treatment plan to address an individual’s or family’s psychosocial needs;
• Provides ongoing individual, group and family psychotherapy under clinical supervision;
• Provides crisis intervention services to individuals and families;
• Petitions, testifies, and reports to Family Court as required;
• Prepares and maintains a variety of reports, case notes, service plans and court summaries;
• Gathers information regarding individuals and families by interviewing neighbors, family members, school personnel, physicians and any others familiar with the family;
• Makes community service referrals on behalf of the individuals and families assigned;
• Monitors and reviews service plans with individuals and families by maintaining on-going contact with service providers and routinely updates supervisor of progress;
• Attends staff meetings, training sessions and workshops on social work issues.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Either:
Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees with a Master’s degree in social work, AND
Possession of a New York State license as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
NOTE: The minimum qualifications for this position are mandated under Article 154 of New York State Education Law.
Seneca County Personnel Department
1 DiPronio Drive
Waterloo, NY 13165