Organization: Villa of Hope
Posting Start: 2022-03-15
Job Title: Registered Nurse (Per diem)
Posting End: 2023-03-01
A Brief Job Description:
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
DEPARTMENT/PROGRAM: Medical Services
SUPERVISOR: Nurse Manager
Under the general direction of the Nurse Manager, the Registered Nurse will conduct general assessments as well as an evaluation for sick/injured clients. The Registered Nurse case manages children in their care working with all disciplines to promote positive medical outcomes. The RN will demonstrate and be accountable to the Agencies Mission, Vision, Values, Guiding Principles and Strategic Plan.
- Exercises full compliance with the Agency’s Code of Conduct, all Agency Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality and security for all client and staff related materials and/or records.
- Performs duties as required regarding child’s health e.g. vital signs, lab work and/or medication administration.
- Triages and assesses client injuries and/or illnesses and communicates to medical and psychiatric on call providers.
- Attends intake and treatment team meetings in their program.
- Supervises residential counselors in care of clients with medical issues and medication administration.
- Prepares client’s monthly med sheet for the pharmacy.
- Provides medication instruction and supervises designees to administer meds if nurse is not available.
- Supplies program and client data and statistics to the Director of Health Service as requested.
- Prepares medical discharge summaries.
- Prepares home visit medications weekly.
- Performs nursing assessments and obtains the appropriate consents for students.
- Provides health education and health counseling to students and families.
- Administers and supervises medication administration by following MD orders.
- Provides mandated screenings and immunization monitoring.
- Inspects weekly or monthly medical supplies of program depending on program needs.
- Participates in any orientation for new hires and provide observations for the undergraduate and graduate nursing students in the area.
- Registered Nurse License by NYS
- Associates Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- 2 year of experience working with adolescent and mental health preferred
CPR/First Aid, BLS Certified
- Standing/Walking: Standing and walking is required for the majority of time spent on campus. Nurses must be able to walk around campus throughout shift (including hills, stairs, and inclement weather conditions)
- Lifting: Regular lifting of medical supplies, medications, patient supplies, and patient charts, all weighing up to twenty pounds is required.
- Bending: Bending is required when administering patient care. One must be able to bend to touch the floor to remove environmental hazards.
Kneeling: Squatting is required when operating medical equipment and performing aspects of patient care, such as CPR
- Character and Courage (Integrity and Trust)
- Do the right thing, because it is the right thing, even when no one is looking. Truth to Power.
- Customer Focus
- Build positive relationships through communication and collaborative problem solving.
- Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Justice and Equity
- Believe in the dignity and humanity of all people to reach their full potential.
Villa of Hope is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.