Organization: University of Rochester Medical Center
Posting Start: 2021-07-20
Job Title: Research Administrator
Posting End: 2021-08-20
A Brief Job Description:
UR Medicine’s Department of Medicine is home to the largest academic and clinical department of the University of Rochester, consisting of 14 divisions focused on core missions of patient care, research, education and community outreach. To support the core missions, the Department of Medicine has several initiatives supported by research programs and clinical trials that will help our patients achieve better health and quality of life.
The Department of Medicine is now in search of a Research Administrator to provide operational oversight to these sponsored research programs. The Research Administrator will also work with the department’s Chair and Vice-Chair of Research on implementing the strategic vision and plan for clinical research.
This will be achieved through:
- Developing an understanding of faculty research interests to implement the research vision for the Department of Medicine. Involves identifying and announcing funding opportunities and designating department members to lead various goals associated with the research vision.
- Pre-Award management, preparing sponsored project budgets and proposals for grant-based research and clinical trials.
- Post-Award management, regularly reviewing funding with Investigators, along with making recommendations for staff allocations and spending priorities. Will also assist Investigators in preparing progress reports, identifying funding gaps, generating extension requests for funding, and closing out clinical trials or research projects.
- Coaching and mentoring Grant Administration staff members, fostering a culture of accountability and teamwork. Regular communication with staff to set priorities and ensure successful completion of work.
- Reporting on sponsored projects to the Department of Medicine’s Program Administrator, Chair and Director of Finance, including projected surpluses/deficits/shortfalls and changes to research programs. Also presenting reports at regular department meetings and town halls.
- At least 5 years of grant administration experience.
- Specialized experience in accounting for grant-based or sponsored research funding.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to develop detailed proposals and reports.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. The University believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances the performance of our organization and our ability to fulfill our important missions. The University is committed to fostering and supporting an environment inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs, or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equally valued and supported.