Organization: The Salvation Army - Rochester Area Services
Posting Start: 07/10/2023
Job Title: Shelter Worker/Resident Assistant - Men's Shelter, Women's Shelter (On Call/Part Time/Full Time available)
Posting End: 12/31/2023
A Brief Job Description:
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the Resident Assistant will provide support to shelter residents, creating a hospitable and safe environment in the residence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide support to shelter residents.
2. Monitor the activities of the residents within the shelter environment.
3. Monitor the physical facility by making minimum hourly rounds and conducting periodic inspections.
4. Make referrals to alternative emergency shelter providers when Program beds are unavailable.
5. Maintain basic record keeping responsibilities.
6. Facilitate Resident/Staff meetings when requested.
7. Implement emergency procedures to assure safety of residents and staff, when required.
8. Attend relevant In-Service training/conferences, as requested.
9. Clean linens, maintain cleanliness of facility.
10. Flexibility in personal work schedule.
11. Other duties as assigned
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.
1. Minimum of High School Diploma will be reviewed. Associated Degree preferred.
2. Crisis intervention skills needed.
3. Interpersonal and communication skills needed.
4. Ability to work in a continually changing and challenging environment. Ability to work a flexible schedule.
5. Must be available for relief hours as needed.
Select “Careers” at the very bottom of the site
Select “Current Openings”
Select “US-NY-Rochester” from the dropdown location menu and then select “Search”
All open positions are posted there. Select the appropriate position and complete the online application