Organization: Veterans Outreach Center, Inc.
Posting Start: 07/22/2021
Job Title: Residential Case Manager
Posting End: 08/28/2021
A Brief Job Description:
JOB TITLE: Residential Case Manager
STATUS: Full Time; Non-Exempt
- Supporting male veterans in a residential housing program.
- Monitor male residents, facilitating their attendance at community support groups, supervise the dispensing of medications.
- Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with residents, VOC staff and community professionals.
- Prepare treatment plans, progress notes, and all other required client paperwork daily.
- Maintain documentation of interventions, meetings, required correspondence, and residential records.
- Documentation must be compliant with HIPPA, OASAS, and other compliance regulations/entities.
- Work a flexible schedule, varying hours according to program needs.
- Provide individual support to clients and facilitate conflict resolution between residents.
- Actively participate in agency meetings and training sessions.
- Oversee client transportation needs in agency vehicles.
- Administer observed urine screens (male staff only) and Breathalyzer.
- Perform room inspections of male residents; monitor client resolution of identified tasks.
- Utilize a Trauma Informed Care approach when working with clients and staff.
- Meet weekly with residential team to discuss client progress and other relevant residential/agency matters.
- Maintain open communications with supervisor to address concerns on an “as needed” basis.
- Support the mission of VOC, and collaboration both inside and outside of the organization. Conduct outreach as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or other related Human Services field strongly preferred.
- Prefer Certified Alcohol Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) OR CASAC-T credential/willingness to obtain.
- A veteran or a person with solid knowledge of veterans’ issues and special needs strongly preferred.
- A nonjudgmental approach that reflects cultural competency and sensitivity to the unique needs and diverse experiences of the individuals served.
- Must possess the ability to engage and maintain positive relationships with veterans and their family members; as well as develop collaborative relationships with VOC personnel and community stakeholders.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills; a willingness to be helpful, flexible, patient, and creative; and the ability to remain clam during crisis situations are required.
- Minimum one year of case management experience in a residential facility or other relevant work experience.
- Organizational skills and demonstrated ability to collect data, write reports and maintain accurate and timely client files.
- Valid NY State driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule; available for on call duty as requested.
Veterans Outreach Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates, please send your resume to: Job.Posting@vocroc.org