Organization: Villa of Hope
Posting Start: 2022-03-17
Job Title: Senior Director of Integrated Community Services
Posting End: 2023-03-01
A Brief Job Description:
OPERATIONAL LEADERSHIP TEAM
JOB TITLE: Senior Director of Integrated Community Services
DEPARTMENT/PROGRAM: Community Services
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Chief Program Officer
Under the general direction by the Chief Program Officer, the Sr. Director of Integrated Community Services in strong collaboration with the community services leadership team is responsible for overall operations and direction of delivery of services to individuals and their families in the community. Under the guidance of Chief Program Officer, the Senior Director of Integrated Community Services is responsible for developing strategic objectives targeting Evidence Based Practices for Person Centered Care which includes integrated community-based services, including mental health, health homes/care coordination, CFTSS services, contracts (including preventive, peer mentoring and DSS waiting room), the Villa of Hope school and our centralized Intake functioning as an integrated team to deliver high quality services. This includes regulatory compliance, risk management, staff development, and program budgets. Represents the programs and the Agency in the community and with regional and statewide licensing bodies and coalitions. Participates as a member of the operational leadership team in providing overall direction for the Agency. Carries out all job responsibilities with fidelity and accountability to the Agency’s Mission, Vision, Values, Guiding Principles and Strategic Plan.
- Leads the services for the areas of integrated community-based services, including mental health, health homes/care coordination, CFTSS services, contracts (including preventive, peer mentoring and DSS waiting room), the Villa of Hope school and centralized Intake function.
- Responsible for building an integrated infrastructure within the Community Services team and partners with the Sr. Director of Integrated Behavioral Health and the Director of Community Crisis Diversion to support overall agency strategic goals and objectives.
- In alignment with strategy, creates plan for growth and high quality service provision and cost effective programming.
- Provides overall direction for management and leadership of the department.
- This full-time exempt position serves as a member of the Operational Leadership Team or other leadership opportunities including our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging and Trauma-Informed Model (Sanctuary) Initiatives.
- Leads the department in the ongoing development of clinical services through models such as Sanctuary and the CFT process.
- Assures quality assurance, utilization review and program evaluation activities take place in accordance with agency policy and procedure.
- Assures the development and maintenance of departmental policy and procedure manuals.
- Provides overall leadership for program development, including: strategic planning, grant proposals, inter- and intra-agency agreements, new ventures and all department contracts.
- Hires, orients, coaches and evaluates program management staff.
- Assures ongoing staff training and development.
- Oversee the financial management of the department including utilization of human and capital resources. Develop and monitor department budget.
- Assists management in the delivery of the Sanctuary model aligning department areas with values of the model.
- Maintains a climate that attracts, maintains, and motivates a diverse staff and volunteers. Recognizes and rewards staff and volunteers. Assures appropriate management responsiveness to employee concerns.
- In consultation with Development and Marketing, develops and implements departmental communications, public relations plans, promotion and advertising programs and materials to assure community awareness of the department’s services.
- Attends various community activities and professional organizations as assigned and needed.
- Shares in the overall management of the Agency through participation on various committees, work groups, and teams appointed to assist in the development of Agency policy and procedure, new programs and strategic planning.
- Define and maintain high agency standards put forth by National Council on Accreditation and other licensing entities and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, executing any necessary changes in existing processes, services, and programs and holding teams accountable.
- Exercises full compliance with the Agency’s code of conduct, all agency policies and procedures and Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Demonstrates, promotes and practices cultural competency toward clients and staff through respect and understanding achieved through training and agency cultural activities.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or related Human Services Degree required.
- Licensure required, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) required due to the clinical nature of the role.
- Five to seven years’ leadership experience and three to five years’ experience with serving, youth, adolescents and their families’ related services.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following lists physical demands an employee will perform on a regular basis: standing, walking, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling and climbing; must be able to perform a variety of tasks, climb stairs, work cooperatively in a team environment and quickly respond to emergencies. Position also requires employee to transport clients.
Valid NYS driver’s license, safe driving record, and availability of personal car for work required.
- Character and Courage (Integrity and Trust)-
- Do the right thing, because it is the right thing, even when no one is looking. Truth to Power.
- Customer Focus
- Build positive relationships through communication and collaborative problem solving.
- Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Justice and Equity
- Believe in the dignity and humanity of all people to reach their full potential.
- Process Management
- Develop and monitor processes and organize resources to achieve desired results.
- Develop Self and Others
- Continually develop self and others capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- Managerial Courage
- Make difficult decisions, own those decisions, and have difficult conversations, all in the best interest of the agency.
Leading the Organization
- Strategic Agility
- Anticipate future market trends and create breakthrough strategies and plans
- Drive for Results
- Push self and others for results