Organization: University of Rochester Medical Center
Posting Start: 08/02/2022
Job Title: Senior Social Worker Job#237654
Posting End: 09/02/2022
A Brief Job Description:
STRONG BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
COMPREHENSIVE PSYCHIATRIC EMERGENCY PROGRAM (CPEP):
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT AND EXTENDED OBSERVATION BEDS
Description of Patient Population:
X Pediatric(s) 3-12 yrs
X Adolescent(s) 12-18 yrs
The Senior Social Worker for the CPEP has administrative, supervisory and clinical responsibilities. He/she functions clinically as a social worker providing direct services to patients ages 3 years and older and their families in the Triage and Screening Unit. Clinical duties include psychiatric evaluations, psychosocial risk evaluation and assessment, crisis intervention, resource consultation and mobilization, and discharge planning as indicated for patients presenting to the Emergency Department. Duties additionally include planning and intervention for patients identified by psychosocial risk evaluation to be at elevated psychosocial risk. These services are provided in the context of the interdisciplinary team. The Senior Social Worker is responsible for the supervision, coordination, and delivery of social work services in the CPEP. He/she collaborates with the CPEP leadership team in monitoring quality and quantity of services provided. The Senior Social Worker develops and maintains linkages with community providers and Strong Health System partners to facilitate patient flow. The senior social worker also functions as part of the Care Coordination Team, in conjunction with the Inpatient Senior Social Worker.
- As a member of the interdisciplinary leadership team for the CPEP, collaborates to develop and implement policies, procedures, and programs.
- Ensures that Social Work Division, Department, and Hospital policies and procedures are implemented with regard to patient care, discharge planning, and professional practice.
- Provides 24/7 administrative oversight, including scheduling, supervision, and case consultation to social work staff in CPEP.
- Provides social work consultation to CPEP nursing and MD staff as needed.
- Ensures high-risk patient care coordination policy is adhered to and oversees process in the Emergency Department.
- Participates in the review and approval of proposed Care Coordination Plans both initially and annually, and sets up eRecord Access of approved plans.
- Develops and maintains linkages with community agencies/services integral to continuity of care within the service.
- Represents CPEP in meetings with and education to community service providers.
- Participates in routine committee process of the Social Work Division and the CPEP, and complies with Social Work Division and Departmental quality improvement and staff development activities.
- Participates in activities of the Social Work Division including timely completion of time reporting and other Hospital or Division forms; Hospital and Division mandatory in-service training programs and annual health updates.
- Attends Social Work Division and Program Staff and/or Administrative meetings as required.
- Subscribes to the Departmental goal of creating a culturally competent environment by treating patient, families, trainees, and co-workers in a sensitive manner with appropriate attention to cultural differences.
- Ensures the administrative oversight of child abuse and neglect or domestic violence reporting in the Psychiatric Emergency Department. Consults to other members of the treatment team on the identification and assessment
- Participates in administrative on-call activities of the Social Work Division.
- Provides crisis intervention, discharge coordination, and education re: continuity of care to patients and families, using brief treatment and crisis intervention modality as indicated.
- Coordinates complex discharge planning with community providers and family/guardian, advocating for patient needs related to safe discharge; keeps CPEP Leadership Team and Department/Hospital administration appropriately apprised.
- Develops a comprehensive discharge plan, and coordinates the delivery of services to patients identified to be at elevated psychosocial risk in coordination with other members of the interdisciplinary team. Including mobilization of family and community resources to support the patient's successful functioning post discharge.
- Provides a psychiatric evaluation and psychosocial risk evaluation, assessment and planning for patients in CPEP as needed, especially those identified to be at elevated psychosocial risk.
- Collaborates with appropriate collateral contacts and maintains linkages to community resources, and Strong Health Systems involved in patient care.
- Documents all patient care activities and interventions in the patient’s chart in compliance with Division, Department and Hospital policy.
PROFESSIONAL SUPERVISION AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
The senior social worker’s professional performance is supervised by a Social Work Division supervisor who is licensed by the State of New York (LCSW).
- The senior social worker is accountable administratively and clinically to the social work supervisor, the Social Work Division Associate Director in Psychiatry, for provision of social work services, and adherence to Social Work policies, procedures, and standards of professional conduct. The social worker’s job performance must conform to the expectations set forth in the position description.
- The senior social worker is accountable to the Program Director and the Medical Director of the Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program for providing professional social work services in accordance with the standards established by the Department of Psychiatry, the Social Work Division, and Strong Memorial Hospital.
The Senior Social Worker who occupies this position must have an MSW from an accredited social work graduate program. He/she must be clinically licensed (LCSW) by the State of New York and have at least three years of relevant experience.
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion to advance the University’s mission to Learn, Discover, Heal, Create – and Make the World Ever Better. In support of our values and those of our society, the University is committed to not discriminating on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, military/veteran status, national origin, race, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law. This commitment extends to the administration of our policies, admissions, employment, access, and recruitment of candidates from underrepresented populations, veterans, and persons with disabilities consistent with these values and government contractor Affirmative Action obligations.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online, Job #237654. https://www.rochester.edu/human-resources/careers/
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled