Organization: University of Rochester Medical Center
Posting Start: 06/06/2022
Job Title: SOCIAL WORK ASSISTANT (BSW) #234569
Posting End: 09/02/2022
A Brief Job Description:
STRONG BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Description of Patient Population:
X Adult(s) 18 and above
X Geriatric(s) 65 +
The social work assistant is responsible for the implementation of psychosocial assistance for patients aged 18 yrs. and older and for ensuring continuity of care for Strong Ties patients. They participate in the planning and delivery of appropriate service linkages, and serves as liaison and advocate for patients and their families with identified service providers. They are a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team for the patients.
- Ensures that Hospital, Department, and Social Work Division administrative and clinical policies and procedures are implemented with regard to patient care, discharge planning and professional responsibility.
- Participates in activities of the Social Work Division including completion of time reporting and other Hospital or Division forms, Hospital and Division mandatory in-service training programs and UHS reviews.
- Attends Social Work Division and Program Staff meetings as appropriate.
- Participates in the routine committee process of the Social Work Division and complies with Social Work Division and Departmental quality assurance and staff development activities.
- Subscribes to the Departmental goal of creating a culturally competent environment by treating patient, families, trainees, and co-workers in a sensitive manner with appropriate attention to cultural differences.
- Participates in available cultural competence events and training appropriate to job duties.
- Assists the clinical team with agency contacts both to collect data and to assess agency involvement.
- Provides back up to the referral process to appropriate community resources to ensure that comprehensive and timely treatment is implemented.
- May provide social work follow-up to patients, families and agencies as needed after discharge to ensure continuity of care and integrity of the discharge plan.
- Assists and supports patients and their families in their efforts to interact with complex social service agencies involved in their care, including completion of forms and paperwork requirements
- Assist in managing reports for the clinical care of Strong Ties patients including the PSYCHES database, AOT patient lists, and similar clinical reporting
- Provides assistance to the clinical team related to various insurance issues including Medicaid threshold override forms, Outpatient Treatment Reports, prior authorization for treatment.
- Provides back up for scheduling and coordinating Priority Access appointments
- Proves back up in assisting the Group Therapy Services Coordinator at Strong Ties with scheduling group screenings for Strong Ties patients
- Documents social work interventions in the patient’s chart in compliance with Division, Department and Hospital policy.
PROFESSIONAL SUPERVISION AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
The social work assistant’s professional performance is supervised by a Social Work Division supervisor who is licensed by the State of New York (LMSW).
The social work assistant is accountable administratively and clinically to their social work supervisor (and through them to the Social Work Division Clinical Manager in Psychiatry) for provision of social work services, and adherence to Social Work policies, procedures, and standards of professional conduct. The social work assistant’s job performance must conform to the expectation set forth in the position description.
The social work assistant is accountable to the Director of Strong Ties Services for providing professional social work services in accordance with the policies and standards established by the Department of Psychiatry and the Hospital.
The social work assistant who occupies this position must have a BSW from an accredited social work undergraduate program.