Organization: University of Rochester Medical Center
Posting Start: 06/03/2022
Job Title: Social Worker #237737
Posting End: 09/02/2022
A Brief Job Description:
STRONG BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
ADULT PARTIAL HOSPITAL PROGRAM
Description of Patient Population:
X Adult(s) 18-64 years
The social worker is responsible for providing intake assessments for patients 18 years and older admitted to the Adult Partial Hospital Program (PHP). The social worker conducts diagnostic assessment, psychosocial assessment, and treatment engagement for assigned patients. The social worker is responsible for crisis intervention, maintenance of the therapeutic milieu, and assessment and management of patient safety. The social worker will lead therapeutic groups and may provide individual therapy when needed. The social worker develops and maintains relationships with community agencies and providers who refer to and receive patients from the PHP. The social worker participates in implementation of the program’s wait list management protocol during periods when there is a waiting list for intake. The social worker participates on a multidisciplinary team for the ongoing review of cases.
- Participates in program development, implementation, and evaluation as delegated.
- Attends monthly Social Work Division and Program Staff Meetings.
- Ensures that Social Work Division, Department, and Hospital policies and procedures are implemented with regard to patient care.
- Participates in routine committee process of the Social Work Division and complies with Social Work Division and Department quality assurance and staff development activities.
- Participates in activities of the Social Work Division including, but not limited to timely completion of statistical reports/forms, time sheets and other Hospital or Division forms; Hospital and Division mandatory in-service training programs and UHS reviews.
- Subscribes to the Departmental goal of creating a culturally competent environment by treating patient, families, trainees, and co-workers in a sensitive manner with appropriate attention to cultural differences.
- Participates in available cultural competency events and training appropriate to job duties.
Clinical (95 %)
- Serves as intake therapist, performing diagnostic/intake evaluation and determination regarding appropriateness for level of care for assigned patients.
- Provides group therapy and implements activities for assigned patients.
- Performs psychosocial assessments of patients and their families.
- Provides social work treatment and education to patient and families. This may be in the following modalities; individual, family and/or group therapy.
- Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team and contributes to the psychosocial assessment, treatment, and continuity of care for identified patients.
- Collaborates with appropriate collateral contacts and provides linkages to community resources.
- Requests and coordinates psychiatric consultation when indicated.
- Secures authorization for treatment from patients’ insurer as indicated.
- Consults to other members of the treatment team regarding community resources, entitlement programs, child abuse, domestic violence, and elder abuse.
- Provides back-up Social Work Services as requested during the absence of co-workers.
- Documents social work interventions in the patient’s chart in compliance with Division, Departmental and Hospital policy.
PROFESSIONAL SUPERVISION, ACCOUNTABILITY, AND EVALUATION:
The social worker’s professional performance is supervised by a Social Work Division supervisor who is licensed by the State of New York (LCSW).
- The social worker is accountable administratively and clinically to their social work supervisor/Director (and through them to the Social Work Division Clinical Manager in Psychiatry) for provision of social work services, and adherence to Social Work policies, procedures, and standards of professional conduct. The social worker’s job performance must conform to the expectations set forth in the position description.
- The social worker is accountable to their supervisor/Director for providing professional social work services in accordance with the policies and standards established by the Department of Psychiatry, the Social Work Division, and Strong Health.
The social worker who occupies this position must have a MSW from an accredited social work graduate program and must obtain a New York State license within eighteen months of employment.
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion to advance the University’s mission to Learn, Discover, Heal, Create – and Make the World Ever Better. In support of our values and those of our society, the University is committed to not discriminating on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, military/veteran status, national origin, race, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law. This commitment extends to the administration of our policies, admissions, employment, access, and recruitment of candidates from underrepresented populations, veterans, and persons with disabilities consistent with these values and government contractor Affirmative Action obligations.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online to Job Posting #237737; https://www.rochester.edu/human-resources/careers/
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled