Organization: University of Rochester Medical Center
Posting Start: 06/06/2022
Job Title: Social Worker Job#236849
Posting End: 09/02/2022
A Brief Job Description:
STRONG BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
STRONG TIES COMMUNITY SUPPORT PROGRAM
Description of Patient Population:
X Adolescent(s) 15 - 17
X Adult(s) 18 - 30
The social worker assigned to the Strong Ties Young Adult Strong Foundations program is responsible for providing psychosocial assessment and treatment to individuals ages 15 years old and older who are at risk for psychosis. This is provided through the social workers participation on an interdisciplinary team designed to provide comprehensive community based psychiatric care. The social worker functions as primary therapist for assigned patients and provides direct clinical service including individual and family therapy, group therapy, crisis intervention, and community outreach.
- Models appropriate behaviors necessary to achieve organizational and personal cultural competence.
- Attends Social Work Division Staff Meetings and Program Staff Meetings.
- Ensures that Social Work Division, Department, and Hospital policies and procedures are implemented with regard to professional practice and patient care.
- Participates in activities of the Social Work Division including, but not limited to timely completion of time reporting and other Hospital or Division forms; Hospital and Division mandatory in-service training programs and UHS review.
- Participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Treatment Team involving consultation, psychosocial diagnosis, treatment planning, and periodic care review.
- Provides direct, culturally competent clinical services to assigned patients and their families, which may involve individual, family, and crisis intervention. Facilitates referral to or liaison with other health and social agencies in the community.
- May provide billable group therapy services to appropriate patients according to departmental policy re: group certification requirements.
- Documents treatment in patient’s electronic medical record in compliance with Division, Department and Hospital policy.
PROFESSIONAL SUPERVISION, ACCOUNTABILITY, AND EVALUATION:
The social worker's professional performance is supervised by a Social Work Division supervisor who is licensed by the State of New York (LCSW).
- The social worker is accountable administratively and clinically to the social work supervisor for provision of social work services, and adherence to Social Work policies, procedures, and standards of professional conduct. The social worker's job performance must conform to the expectations set forth in the position description.
- The social worker is accountable to the Director of Strong Ties for providing professional social work services in accordance with the policies and standards established by the Service and the Department of Psychiatry, and the Hospital.
The social worker who occupies this position must have an MSW from an accredited Social work graduate program, and a New York State social work license (LMSW).
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion to advance the University’s mission to Learn, Discover, Heal, Create – and Make the World Ever Better. In support of our values and those of our society, the University is committed to not discriminating on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, military/veteran status, national origin, race, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law. This commitment extends to the administration of our policies, admissions, employment, access, and recruitment of candidates from underrepresented populations, veterans, and persons with disabilities consistent with these values and government contractor Affirmative Action obligations.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online Job Posting #236849; https://www.rochester.edu/human-resources/careers/
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled