Organization: University of Rochester Medical Center
Posting Start: 06/30/2022
Job Title: Social Worker Job #237159
Posting End: 09/02/2022
A Brief Job Description:
General Adult Ambulatory
CLINIC TEAM LEADER
Description of Patient Population:
X Adult(s) 18 - 30
The social worker assigned to General Ambulatory functions as Team Leader for the service and primary therapist to individuals ages 18 and older who are severely and persistently mentally ill. As Team Leader, they provide supervision to an interdisciplinary group of clinical staff, as appropriate. The Team Leader may collaborate in policy and program development, operations managing, and plan program activities for the program area.
The social worker is also an integral member of the Clinic, providing comprehensive mental health services for individuals who have serious and persistent mental illness. In this role, they work with clients to develop client-driven goals. Through participation on an interdisciplinary team, the social worker provides direct clinical service including individual, family and group therapy, crisis intervention, case management, and community outreach.
- Functions as Team Leader and may assist in providing supervision and evaluation of an interdisciplinary group of staff.
- Manages the daily interdisciplinary treatment team meetings by facilitating the discussion of clinical cases and documenting minutes from those meetings
- Assists in onboarding activities for new therapists in the clinic including policies and procedures as well as clinical teaching/orientation
- Attends Social Work Division, Social Work in Psychiatry and Program staff meetings
- Ensures that Social Work Division, Department, and Hospital policies and procedures are implemented with regard to professional practice and patient care.
- Participates in routine committee process of the Social Work Division, and facilitates Division and Hospital quality assurance and staff development activities.
- Participates in activities of the Social Work Division including, but not limited to time reporting and other Hospital or Division forms; Hospital and Division mandatory in-service training programs and UHS reviews.
- Subscribes to creating a culturally competent environment by treating patient, families, trainees, and co-workers in a sensitive manner with appropriate attention to cultural differences.
- Participates in available cultural competency events and training appropriate to job duties.
- Provide student/internship supervision, as appropriate.
- Facilitate Team meeting each week.
- Participates as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team involving consultation, psychosocial diagnosis, treatment planning, and periodic care review.
- Provides billable psychotherapy services to patients enrolled at General Adult Ambulatory and collaborates with current treatment providers to ensure appropriate clinical care
- Provides coverages and accessibility for intakes, vacations, sick calls, as needed
- May provide billable group therapy services to appropriate patients according to departmental policy re: group certification requirements.
- Patient care also involves indirect case management services including referral to or liaison with other health and social agencies in the community.
- Documents treatment in patient’s electronic medical record in compliance with Division, Department, and Hospital Policy.
PROFESSIONAL SUPERVISION, ACCOUNTABILITY, AND EVALUATION:
The social worker's professional performance is supervised by a Social Work Division supervisor who is licensed by the State of New York (LCSW).
The social worker is accountable clinically and administratively to their social work supervisor (and through them to the Social Work Division Clinical Manager for Psychiatry) for provision of social work services, and adherence to Social Work policies, procedures, and standards of professional conduct. The social worker's job performance must conform to the expectations set forth in the position description.
The social worker who occupies this position must have a MSW from an accredited social work graduate program and a New York State social work license as well as 3 years post-MSW experience, preferably working with individuals with severe mental illness. LCSW preferred.
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion to advance the University’s mission to Learn, Discover, Heal, Create – and Make the World Ever Better. In support of our values and those of our society, the University is committed to not discriminating on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, military/veteran status, national origin, race, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law. This commitment extends to the administration of our policies, admissions, employment, access, and recruitment of candidates from underrepresented populations, veterans, and persons with disabilities consistent with these values and government contractor Affirmative Action obligations.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online Job #237159; https://www.rochester.edu/human-resources/careers/
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
https://www.rochester.edu/human-resources/careers/; Job Posting #237159