Organization: University of Rochester Medical Center
Posting Start: 08/02/2022
Job Title: SOCIAL WORKER (MSW) PRIMARY THERAPIST Job#239077
Posting End: 09/02/2022
A Brief Job Description:
STRONG BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
CHILD AND ADOLESCENT PSYCHIATRY SERVICE
PARTIAL HOSPITAL PROGRAM
Description of Patient Population:
X Pediatric(s) 5 - 12
X Adolescent(s) 12 - 18
X Adult(s) 18 and above
X Geriatric(s) 65+
The social worker is responsible for providing individual and group therapy to patients who attend the Child and Adolescent Partial Hospital Service (CAPHS) and their families. They conducts screening evaluations for patient’s being considered for admission to the CAPHS. They conducts psychosocial and family assessments, and in collaboration with the interdisciplinary treatment team, develops and implements treatment and continuity of care plans for patients assigned to their caseload. The social worker provides social work consultation to members of the interdisciplinary team. The social worker develops and maintains relationships with community agencies and providers who refer to and receive patients from the CAPHS. In conjunction with other members of the interdisciplinary team, the social worker is responsible for crisis intervention, maintenance of the therapeutic milieu, and assessment and management of patient safety.
The social worker is responsible for the coordination and implementation of comprehensive service plans which ensure continuity of care and support compliance with treatment for patients and families receiving care in the Child and Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Service. They serve as liaison and advocate for patients and their families with the identified service providers. The social worker collaborates in the collection of psychosocial data, and assessment of psychosocial risk factors. They are a member of the patient’s interdisciplinary treatment team and works in concert with team members to develop treatment and continuity of care plans.
- Ensures that Social Work Division, Department, Program, and Hospital policies and procedures are implemented with regard to patient care, discharge planning, and professional practice.
- Participates in program development, implementation, and evaluation as delegated.
- Participates in routine committee process of the Social Work Division and the CAPHS and complies with Social Work Division and Department quality assurance and staff development activities.
- Attends Social Work Division and Program Staff Meetings, and may attend program or service area administrative meetings as delegated.
- Participates in activities of the Social Work Division, including, but not limited to timely completion of statistical reports/forms, time sheets and other Hospital or Division forms, Hospital and Division mandatory in-service training programs, and annual health updates.
- Represents the Child and Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Service, as needed, on designated community groups whose function is to facilitate patient care and appropriate resource utilization.
- Subscribes to the Departmental goal of creating a culturally competent environment by treating patient, families, trainees, and co-workers in a sensitive manner with appropriate attention to cultural differences.
- Participates in available cultural competence events and training appropriate to job duties.
- Serves as primary therapist to patients assigned to their caseload.
- Performs psychosocial assessments of patients and family assessments as part of the pre-admission screening process and as part of the admission itself for patient’s assigned to their caseload.
- Participates in the planning and leadership of therapeutic groups for program patients, and contributes to the management of the therapeutic milieu.
- Provides social work treatment and education to patients and families. This may be in the following modalities: individual, family, and/or group therapy.
- Coordinates activities related to the comprehensive treatment and continuity of care planning for the patients assigned to his/her caseload with other members of the interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Collaborates with appropriate collateral contacts and maintains linkages to community resources.
- Consults to other members of the treatment team regarding community resources, entitlement programs, Child and Adult Protective Services, and domestic violence.
- Documents social work assessments and interventions in the patient’s chart in compliance with Division, Departmental, Program, and Hospital policy.
- Collaborates with primary therapists and outpatient service providers, patients and families to facilitate timely access to services and smooth transition between levels of care; to provide access to concrete services that support treatment compliance; and to ensure continuity of care among treatment providers.
- Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team for each patient on their caseload and contributes to the psychosocial assessment, treatment, and continuity of care for each patient.
- Provides social work follow-up to patients, families and agencies after discharge from the program to ensure continuity of care and integrity of the discharge plan.
- Assists and supports families in their efforts to interact with the complex social service agencies involved in the provision of services to children and adolescents.
- Assists families in dealing with the hospital system, the finance office, and insurance providers.
- Conducts telephone screenings and collects initial information on new referrals to the Child and Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Service.
- Provides back-up social work services as requested during the absence of co-workers.
- Participates in on-call activities of the Social Work Division.
- Participates in regular clinical supervision with their Social Work supervisor.
PROFESSIONAL SUPERVISION, ACCOUNTABILITY, AND EVALUATION:
- The clinical social worker's professional performance is supervised by a Social Work Division
- supervisor who is licensed by the State of New York (LCSW).
- The social worker is accountable clinically and administratively to their social work supervisor (and through them to the Social Work Division Clinical Manager in Psychiatry) for provision of social work services, and adherence to Social Work policies, procedures, and standards of professional conduct. The clinical social worker's job performance must conform to the expectations set forth in the position description.
- The social worker is accountable to the Director of the CAPHS for providing professional social work services in accordance with the policies and standards established by the Program, the Department of Psychiatry, and Strong Memorial Hospital.
- The social worker in this position must have a Master of Social Work degree from an accredited social work graduate program and obtain within eighteen months of employment, a New York State License.
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion to advance the University’s mission to Learn, Discover, Heal, Create – and Make the World Ever Better. In support of our values and those of our society, the University is committed to not discriminating on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, military/veteran status, national origin, race, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law. This commitment extends to the administration of our policies, admissions, employment, access, and recruitment of candidates from underrepresented populations, veterans, and persons with disabilities consistent with these values and government contractor Affirmative Action obligations.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online Job #239077. https://www.rochester.edu/human-resources/careers/
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled