Organization: Western NY Independent Living, Inc.
Posting Start: 07/20/2021
Location: Buffalo, NY
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Posting End: 08/20/2021
A Brief Job Description:
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION Assists the Assistant CFO with general accounting duties and manages the Finance Deadline Schedule.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists Accounting Department with deadlines on Finance Schedule.
2. Makes general journal entries and assist in reconciling bank accounts.
3. Follows-up on reconciled items, including uncashed checks.
4. Assists the Assistant CFO with preparing supported documentation for various contract expense reports.
5. Works with Accounts Payable to streamline processes for accuracy and timeliness of payments.
6. Assists the Assistant CFO in processing bi-weekly payroll, which includes running reports and checking for accuracy.
7. Prepares monthly accrual of expenses.
8. Assists with audits.
9. Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
10. Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Associate Degree in Accounting is required
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is preferred
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Experience with Quick Books or other Accounting software is required.
• Associate degree requires six (6) months’ experience in Accounting.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Must be able to type thirty-five (35) word per minute.
• Must have intermediate level of knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, good organization and analytical skills.
• Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Office
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB Sitting for extended periods of time. Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS 37.5 – 40 hours per week. M – F 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION Full-time, salary, non-exempt, Support staff.
BENEFITS Agency provided group health insurance. Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available. PTO and paid holiday package. 403(b) retirement with Agency match. Employee Assistance Program
WNY Independent Living values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: August 20, 2021
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc,
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, N.Y. 14214