Organization: University of Rochester Medical Center
Posting Start: 2021-07-23
Job Title: Strategic Planner / Project Manager
Posting End: 2021-08-09
A Brief Job Description:
The University of Rochester Medical Center is made up of many parts, all devoted to providing highly advanced medical care. Our Mission of “Ever Better” means we improve the well-being of patients and communities by delivering innovative, compassionate, patient and family-centered healthcare, enriched by education, science and technology. Our Vision is to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment that guides and transforms our approaches to healthcare, education, research and community partnerships.
The University of Rochester Medical Center’s Office of Communications is now looking for a Strategic Planner to amplify project management and grant funding efforts supporting URMC’s strategic initiatives for patient care, research and education. URMC’s major initiatives include caring for vulnerable patient populations, supporting a diverse and inclusive culture, enhancing quality and safety, strengthening the continuum of care, bolstering capital and IT infrastructure, as well as developing innovative educational pathways for tomorrow’s clinicians and scientists.
The Strategic Planner is responsible for:
- Facilitating strategic planning processes in an effective and timely manner
- Planning and managing select projects generated from the URMC strategic plan
- Writing and submitting grant proposals to support the funding of programs related to URMC’s strategic plan
This is an excellent opportunity to work collaboratively with stakeholders across the enterprise, including URMC Executive Leadership, Clinical and Research Chairs, the Government Relations Office, URMC Safety Net and Program Support, and the Office of Research and Project Administration.
The desired candidate will have:
- 5 years relevant experience, facilitating strategic planning frameworks and processes. Project Management certification such as PMP is valued.
- A track record of leading projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Compelling writing skills to support drafting successful grant proposals
- Strong familiarity with planning and project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- The ability to work effectively in a large, matrixed organization. Experience in healthcare or academia is highly desirable
Job ID: 229829
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. The University believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances the performance of our organization and our ability to fulfill our important missions. The University is committed to fostering and supporting an environment inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs, or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equally valued and supported.