Organization: Rochester Regional Health
Posting Start: 09/08/2021
Location: Rochester, NY
Job Title: SUPERVISOR – HEALTH HOME CARE MANAGEMENT
Posting End: 11/30/2021
A Brief Job Description:
Supervisory level position overseeing team of Health Home Care Managers serving adults; provide leadership, clinical supervision and education while carrying a small caseload of clients.
LOCATION: Rochester Mental Health Center – The Hart Building
DEPARTMENT: Mental Health & Health Home Care
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 40 Hour Day Shift
- Licensed level healthcare Professional (LMSW, LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, LCAT, PhD) with prior experience in a behavioral health clinical setting or in a care management supervisory capacity OR Master’s level professional with three (3) years prior experience supervising clinicians and/or Case Managers who are providing direct services to individuals with SMI(Serious Mental Illness) and/or serious SUD(Substance Use Disorder).
- Master’s Degree in the Human Services field required
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, decisive judgment
- Ability to multitask, plan, and prioritize responsibilities
- Compassionate, warm, and patient focused
- Supervision. Provide monthly individual and group supervision to a team of Health Home Care Managers to review clients and support. Development of appropriate plans of care based on individual diagnoses and needs. Understanding how diagnoses impact functioning in order to prioritize plan of care. Awareness of what types of housing and other specialized programs are most beneficial given specific individual conditions and presentation. Provide support in communicating, planning and advocating with other providers in settings such as care team meetings and community special review meetings
- Auditing. Chart reviews for quality of assessments, care planning, and care management documentation, with individual follow up on areas of identified care manager specific need. Group education based on specific areas of need – identified through audits, supervision, observation, staff request, provider feedback.
- Case management. To provide supportive Health Home care management, utilizing the process of care coordination, for persons who are identified as high users of services and as having problems accessing medical, mental health, social, psychosocial, educational, financial and other necessary services that have been identified in a written plan of care. Responsible for the overall creation, management and coordination across all continuums, of the enrollee’s care plan which will include medical/behavioral and social service needs and goals. Effectively perform and document progressive community outreach with assigned cases and move to enrolled status as appropriate. Caseload may include Assisted Outpatient (AOT) clients, which require completion of weekly reports in accordance with AOT guidelines.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS S – Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.