Organization: Arc of Monroe
Posting Start: 2021-07-15
Job Title: Supervisor of Family Support Services
Posting End: 2021-08-31
A Brief Job Description:
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference? At the end of the day do you want to leave work with a sense of fulfillment? Are you a compassionate, caring person who loves helping people? If you answered yes to these questions, then a career at The Arc of Monroe County may be right for you!
The Arc of Monroe County has been providing a variety of programs and services for people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and their families in the Rochester community for almost 60 years. The Arc works to enhance the quality of life and self-esteem of people in our programs, providing them with meaningful social development, supported employment, residential community living and enrichment opportunities
The Supervisor of Family Support Services Coordinates all aspects of Family Reimbursement and processes, and follows the guidelines within the Finger Lakes DDRO standards. Works directly with families and Care Coordinator to assure that the necessary documentation is obtained to complete the application process.
- Must have access to timely and reliable transportation to transport self to multiple sites.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid, or able to obtain certification after hire.
- Basic Computer Literacy as evidenced by the ability to go online and conduct basic searches on the Internet, check his/her email account, create and send e-mail with an attachment and use simple email features. Can open spreadsheets and word processing documents to read and make simple edits.
- Must possess strong customer service philosophy.
- Must possess strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
Bachelor’s degree in the human services or related field and 1 year experience with people with developmental disabilities OR 5 years’ experience in the field.
Prefer experience with administrative duties and in developing and delivering training or the equivalent combination of experience and education but not required.