Organization: CP Rochester
Posting Start: 09/17/2021
Location: Rochester, NY
Job Title: Teaching Assistant – Certified
Posting End: 10/31/2021
A Brief Job Description:
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Certified Teaching Assistant to join our team of Professionals in our Augustin’s Children’s Center. Augustin Children’s Center provides a full continuum of educational and therapeutic services for children, birth to kindergarten, with and without disabilities. Individualized programs and attention from our experienced staff are delivered on our campus in an ideal, accessible suburban setting featuring a gymnasium, outdoor classroom, playground and a heated swimming pool. Our renowned center seamlessly integrates children with disabilities and children without disabilities in a unique and rewarding educational environment.
Full Time/School Year Position at CP Rochester (37.5 hours per week – Monday through Friday). This position follows the school calendar and includes our 6-week summer session.
The Teaching Assistant is the primary assistant to the classroom teacher in ensuring a meaningful educational experience. The Teaching Assistant will function in a leadership role in the teacher’s absence.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Functions as the primary assistant to the classroom teacher, ensuring a meaningful educational experience.
- Functions in the leadership role in the classroom during the teacher’s absence.
- Implements each child’s educational, therapeutic, and behavioral plans under the supervision of the teacher and team.
- Supervises children and ensures safety.
- Works with individual students or groups of students on instructional projects to achieve individualized goals for each child.
- Provides the teacher and team with information about students, which will assist in the development of appropriate learning experiences for students.
- Assists in the development of instructional/classroom materials.
- Assists the classroom teacher in related instructional work as required.
- Maintains classroom cleanliness and the orderly appearance of classroom equipment, supplies and displays of children’s work.
- Attends all meetings as required and appropriate, as determined by the classroom teacher and Program Director.
- Assists children with behavioral/management needs.
- Assists and performs duties as Acting Daycare Director as assigned, ensuring proper supervision of children at all times.
- Assists with oversight of the Wrap Daycare Program at the site assigned, if needed.
Required Education and Experience
- NYS certification as a Teaching Assistant
- High school diploma
- One year experience in an early childhood education setting
- Knowledge of classroom management preferred
- Must have demonstrated commitment to performing job duties and tasks at a high level of performance
Comprehensive benefit plan including but not limited to:
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- 5 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Matching 403B Retirement Plan
- Additional Insurance Offerings – Specified Disease Insurance w/ Cancer Rider, Accident Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Employer Paid Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Employer paid Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
The agencies are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Debra Hanna, HR Generalsit
3399 Winton Road South
Rochester, NY 14623