Organization: Charles Settlement House
Posting Start: 05/14/2021
Job Title: Youth Development Specialist
Posting End: 08/25/2021
A Brief Job Description:
Charles Settlement House, Inc.
Email resume, cover letter to: HR@communityplace.org
Title: Youth Development Specialist (Summer and/or Fall)
Supervisor: After-School Program Coordinator
Location: 71 Parkway Schedule: Part-Time Summer 30 hrs./week, Fall 20-25 hrs./week
Works as a team member, under direct supervision of the After-School Program
Coordinator, to ensure the delivery of Charles Settlement House youth development programs in order to successfully meet the goals and objectives established by the agency:
Development of youth and families to their potential.
Promotion of positive outcomes for youth (good school attendance, staying in school, asset and skill development, avoidance of risk behavior, etc.)
1. Responsible for daily conduct, safety and supervision of youth participating in program
2. Utilize group management techniques to reduce or eliminate behavior problems
3. Be familiar with all program objectives, measurements and outcomes and implement activities to reach outcomes
4. Engage in continuous program improvement and make efforts to remain informed regarding best practices.
5. Use assigned curriculum and ensure fidelity by following curriculum exactly
6. Stay in physical visual and audio proximity with group at all times
7. Organize and lead youth programs (groups, clubs, events, etc.) in accordance with the need and availability of agency resources.
8. Work closely with parents and teachers of youth members to encourage success for the youth in program
9. Conduct outreach to increase awareness of agency programs and to connect with the families of youth participants.
10. Prepare required documentation in a timely and accurate fashion; follow through with established customer satisfaction and program evaluation systems.
11. Attend and participate in all staff meetings and trainings.
12. Perform all other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
An Associate’s degree in child development, recreation or a related field is preferred OR School-aged Child Care Credential and one year experience working with children less than 13 years of age, OR High School diploma or its equivalent (GED) AND two years direct experience working with children under 13 years of age.
Charles Settlement House is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Veteran