Consulting and Implementation Support
Strengthening practice. Stimulating innovation. Demonstrating sustainable impact.
Consulting Services Tailored for Your Organization
Value-based Payment Success
Be ready to successfully meet the requirements of a value-based payment environment. We partner with you to assess and elevate your current practices, to understand and improve your fiscal models, and help you define and demonstrate your impact to your stakeholders.
Strategic Analysis & Quality Improvement
Measure your results. Demonstrate your effectiveness. Learn from your experience. Our consulting staff bring the technical expertise, coupled with the “real world” community experience needed to help you to “measure what matters” and put your data to use to understand performance, drive improvement, and maximize your impact.
Set your organization’s course for the future. Our experienced consultants partner with you to develop a roadmap to support capacity building within your organization. We help you to assess and understand changes in the external environment as well as your current infrastructure, workforce, and internal processes so that you can develop your strategy for continued successful growth and development.
Transform the way you deliver services. Successful programs and services rely heavily on ensuring that staff at all levels have the skills and expertise needed for their increasingly complex and demanding work. CCSI’s expert staff work with you to clarify your priorities, deliver training in key areas, such as trauma-responsive practice, motivational interviewing, cultural competence, health equity – and to help you implement, sustain and spread these practices throughout your organization, building your capacity and helping to ensure lasting results.
Elizabeth Meeker, PsyD
Elizabeth Meeker, PsyD is Vice President of Consulting Services which brings together an expanding array of technical assistance and consulting services. She leads a team of professionals with expertise in performance measurement and quality improvement, strategic analytics, cultural competence and health equity, and practice transformation to improve outcomes and sustain change. Elizabeth is a seasoned […]
Lenora Reid-Rose, MBA
Ms. Reid-Rose leads CCSI’s work in the areas of Cultural Competence and Health Equity. With more than two decades of experience in the behavioral health field, she has served as a consultant and educator at the state, regional and national levels. Ms. Reid-Rose has extensive expertise in developing and implementing cultural competence assessments, training initiatives, […]
Teraisa Mullaney, MS
Teraisa Mullaney is the Senior Director of Strategic Analytics. She leads a team of consultants and analysts that objectively seek answers to complex questions. Through actionable insights, visualizations, and purpose-driven analyses, Teraisa and the team build trust and understanding. Teraisa brings ten years of experience in public health evaluation and health services research to this […]
Meet Our Team
CCSI’s Consulting Services brings together a team of staff members with demonstrated expertise in the areas needed to help our customers meet these increasingly complex requirements, including: data capture, storage, and visualization; statistical methods; financial analysis and management; program development; program evaluation and quality improvement; training /practice implementation support; and stakeholder engagement. We believe that providing an efficient way to access this full range of expertise and support will help us to deliver the integrated solutions our customers need to understand and articulate their impact on the system of care.
Cheryl Martin, MA, RN, Master CASAC
Integrated Health Trainer & Clinical Consultant
David Eckert, LMHC, NCC, CRC
Tabitha Gerwitz-Diluglio, MPA
David Wawrzynek, MS, MBA
Senior Director, Fiscal Practice Improvement
Joslyn Teter-McBride, MSW
Amy Scheel-Jones, MS Ed
Senior Consultant, Practice Transformation
Deb Salamone, MS Ed
Gabrielle Steinwachs, MA
Training Developer & Producer
Project Coordinator & Administrative Support
Rebecca Bryan, Ph.D.
Healthcare Research Analyst
Swetha Tammineni, MS
Tableau Report Developer
Don Kamin, Ph.D.
Director, Institute for Police, Mental Health & Community Collaboration
Jordan Sterman, MSSA
Amy Jackson, NCQA PCMH CCE
Senior Healthcare Consultant
Chris Copeland, B.Sc, MSW
Senior Consultant, Fiscal Practice Improvement
Betty García Mathewson
Senior Consultant, Cultural Competence, Equity, and Social Justice
RIT Clinical Psychology Intern
RIT Clinical Psychology Intern
Examples of Our Work
CCSI’s Consulting Services supports human and health services customers in identifying and tracking measures that accurately reflect the impact of their work on the individuals being served and the system of care as a whole. Examples of our work include:
Managed Care Readiness
- Is Your Culture Performance Driven? How to Build an Organization Focused on Performance Management
- Use of Data in a Performance Driven Culture
- Collecting and Visualizing Data to Drive Network Performance
- Understanding Data and Business Intelligence Dashboards in Children’s Behavioral Health
- Online Meeting Video Guidance Series
- Sustaining Response, Promoting Resilience and Recovery Support for Local Organizations
- New Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) Resource
- Engaging the Power of Families and Community to Increase the Impact of Philanthropy: A Roadmap for Funders
Community Based Organizations
- CBO Consortium of Upstate New York Enters Next Phase of Support for Community Based Organizations (CBOs)
- CBO Consortium of Upstate New York Helps CBOs Advance Health Equity and Achieve Better Population Health Outcomes
Conference Key Takeaways
- 2019 MINT Forum in Estonia Focused on What Matters to the Individual, Compassion, Social Determinants of Health and Social Justice through a Motivational Interviewing Lens
- Open Minds Conference: Key Takeaways
- Key Takeaways From the 2020 Open Minds Performance Management Institute
- How New York Healthcare Providers are Making Population Health Sustainable: Key Takeaways
- Quality Care in the Age of Managed Care: The Future of Addiction Services for Youth